Wiikey vs. Wiinja Deluxe - Your thoughts

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by megatron_lives, Mar 21, 2007.

Mar 21, 2007
  1. megatron_lives
    OP

Member megatron_lives GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hi everyone

I can't decide between these two mod chips wiikey and wiinja deluxe. Now I understand the difference, that is one is quick solder and the other not, but my main concern is compatability of NTSC and Jap games on a Pal console. Presently, which would you guys personaly recommend for playing multi region games on a pal console.

I have looked around the forums and threads but haven't seen much feedback for wiinja deluxe, which worries me and it seems everyone has a wiikey but I understand the region "free" for pal consoles isn't great.

Thanks in advance

M

2. kristijan08

Member kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    They both do exactly the same things, personally i think the team behind wiikey is the one that will break the barriers quick and more often then either teamcyclo or the wiinja team. The only thing that would sway me to the wiinja over the wiikey would be the disable feature of the wiinja deluxe.

Hope that helps...

3. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    I have the original wiinjav1 and every game has worked. So i'm pretty sure that deluxe is good too. never tried wiikey so i dont know about that

4. Presto

Member Presto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i have both personally i like the wii key and it also has double the storage over the wiinja DX

5. DRACO

Member DRACO GBAtemp Regular

United States
    even tho i dont have a wiikey yet i would stick with them--the desighn sleek and flawless- the price affordable--the performance outstanding

6. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You'll be satisfied with either I think. Especially if you don't care about trying to install it quicksolder method.

7. marlin

Newcomer marlin Newbie

Brazil
    Why do you intend to pay double when you can have the same thing for half of the price?
    Wiikey had a lot of yadayada before it where lauched but when it cames up, the chip itself is the same that is used on chiip and other open source chips...

8. megatron_lives
    OP

Member megatron_lives GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Guys thank you so much, I really am grateful for all the posts.

Incidentely Marlin, I found them for both the same price which was also a decidision factor.

Anyway, I'll be getting me a wiikey I think

Hopefully this now useless post will help some others with similar decision problems and no will of their own like me! LOL

Thanks again peeps, love ya!

M