Wiikey v1 to wiikey v2.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by electrico, Jan 13, 2010.

Jan 13, 2010

Wiikey v1 to wiikey v2. by electrico at 11:07 PM (837 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. electrico
    OP

Newcomer electrico Advanced Member

Greece
    Hallo .I have a wiikey v1 and my console is one from the first in Europe.As all wiikey v1 owners know this modchip have no longer support from the wiikey team but wiikey v2 have support. Anybody knows if i can change modchip from v1 to v2 without a problem.?
    (I want to do that because i am sure that future games from N intendo will have BCA protection as NSMB and i think that's a solution to my problem)
    thanx in advance.

2. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    yes, but I would recommend you desold the Wiikey and get a drivekey instead since Drivekey is their "latest" modchip sort of speak (no I don't count the SD modchip as the latest one!)

Or just use softmods instead, its much easier if Nintendo comes with something more

3. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You should have no problem switching modchips, provided you uninstall your WiiKey 1 first.

4. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    Don´t say that! He has modchip!

Download FIXED versions.

For games that didn´t work. Use Gecko [​IMG]

5. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    got one also, but either you need "fixed" versions or some universal solution for BCA. That the code is stored on the DVD

6. electrico
    OP

Newcomer electrico Advanced Member

Greece
    Thanks for the help. I just saw that wiikey team will finally release the wiikey fusion in january so i will wait to see if this an easiest solution for my problem.