WiiKey updating

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by artisan, May 1, 2008.

May 1, 2008

WiiKey updating by artisan at 8:12 PM (771 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. artisan
    OP

Member artisan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i have a friend whose wii w/ wiikey has the wiikey firmware that came BEFORE the mario galaxy update. she has requested i update it for her so she can play smash bros. i have the wiikey update disc that fixes the original smashbros disc problem. questio is, is it okay to jump from her wiikey firmware straight to the smashbros wiikey udpate, completely bypassing the galaxy update?

2. blu9987

Member blu9987 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So you're saying can she update from original (or really early) wiikey firmware to 1.9s?

I'd say yes. If you needed all of the updates sequentially, wiikey would have all the previous updates still on their site, which they don't.

Plus I myself have skipped a few updates and went straight to 1.9s.

3. malsuk

Member malsuk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It would have taken you less time to search the forum and find your answer than starting this topic. To cut the topic dead the simple answer is it doesn't matter which firmware is running you can always install the latest. just update to the latest WiiKey firmware 1.9s and all will be well.

"YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER HAVE LEARNT TO WIPE YOUR ARSE IF SOMEONE KEPT DOING IT FOR YOU"

4. artisan
    OP

Member artisan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    thank you