Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From Wiinewz.com:

QUOTE said:
» Waiting For Wiikey
Oct 31, 2007 - 4:57 PM - by xiaNaix
For those of you waiting for the Wiikey update to correct "Super Mario Galaxy" issues, here are some tidbits of information...

* The original Wiikey coder, reponsible for previous delays, is no longer working on it. The update is being authored by the same team responsible for D2Ckey.

* CyloWiz was already working on an update to improve code transfers and, by pure luck, it also fixed SMG. This is how they were able to issue an update so quickly.

* The Wiikey update is being written from scratch by the D2Ckey coding team. This takes time and will, most likely, be a more stable environment than the previously available (unfinished by the original coder) firmware v1.9

The Wiikey Team is fully aware of how anxious everyone is for this update and they are fully committed to providing a working and stable update.

Found the out via the Eurasia site, I know it's in the SMG hack topic but I believe it deserves its own topic especially regarding the new coders information.

ledav007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No attacks here, just asking...

Do you have sources close to the Wiikey team, or did you just compile what you read from surfing forums ?

jimmyjam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just want to know if we have to wait days, weeks or months =/

You and me both. It's the not knowing that's annoying. If i knew it would be out in 10 days time that would be fine, but as it is i will spend the next 10 days continously checking for an update with hope turning to dissapointment each time.

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The thing that matters is that they finally explained why the last update took so long. I think it's promising that they finally learned how to communicate with their customers. It's really promising that they have the D2Ckey team on it. It sounds like they take this dead serious now, so I really hope people have a little confidence in the Wiikey team again.
So please everybody stop whining and have a little patience with them.

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ho yeah, promising, really great communication ... you even have to go to another web site than their official one to get news
sleep.gif

berlinka

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay you're right on that one. But still I think it's good of them to at least report "something". We can all argue about whether it's true or not, but that's something we simply don't know now. I believe they are working hard on it. If you don't, fine, but then stop bitching and get yourself a new modchip.
We have experienced the bad customer support from the Wiikey team in the past, we complained and moaned, now give it a rest until they proved themselves wrong. The forum seems surrounded with bad vibes because of this constant Wiikey bashing...and it goes on and on and on and on and on...while the wiikey team probably won't ever read it. So it's just pointless!

dydy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The thing that matters is that they finally explained why the last update took so long. I think it's promising that they finally learned how to communicate with their customers. It's really promising that they have the D2Ckey team on it. It sounds like they take this dead serious now, so I really hope people have a little confidence in the Wiikey team again.
So please everybody stop whining and have a little patience with them.

Berlinka if i understand well there will be WIIKEY's update for SMG?

wink.gif

berlinka

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I only see what I read, so I know nothing more than you. But they have reported that the D2Ckey team is working hard on it. Off course all the Wiikey haters don't believe a word they're saying, obviously because they have build up a bad reputation. But I for one really believe they're working hard on it, because, as you can see, SMG is the game everybody wants to play, and if they cannot make it work, they lose all their credibility.
So it's not a case of keeping the customers satisfied for them, it's a case of "Do I want to keep on making shedloads of money with my modchip".
It's a bit like the Supercard team in a way. They messed up a couple of times, but eventually they delivered.
I believe it can be a tough job figuring out a new protection scheme, but I would even bet money on it that they will soon release the "essential" update.

Gamesphere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now that you have an answer, most people can STFU. Im tired of people bitching about an unplayable EARLY release. Be thankful you can even play modded games. And Its not like SMG is the only good game for the Wii. Go play Zack and Wiki for a little bit.

Not lashing I was just tired of complaints.

berlinka

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Now that you have an answer, most people can STFU. Im tired of people bitching about an unplayable EARLY release. Be thankful you can even play modded games. And Its not like SMG is the only good game for the Wii. Go play Zack and Wiki for a little bit.

Not lashing I was just tired of complaints.

Gamesphere, I couldn't agree more. Yesterday I played some Ghost Squad and it's one of the most fun games I've played in a long time. It's pure simple arcade shooting fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE