Hardware WiiKey update comming or not?

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
No, never, never under any circumstances whatsoever. It is actually impossible to update the wiikey
wink.gif

123kid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here's what I don't understand. They announce that the update is 99% done. They announce that they're in the testing phase and will release it in approximately 1 week.
And here we are almost 6 weeks later and still no update, something about this feels really wrong.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Don't you guys who buy clones feel a lot better now knowing that you didn't waste money on a product that the team couldn't even deliver an update to
smile.gif

The place who did my install claims he doesn't install clones, but really, who cares right now, it's not like there's support for the real thing now anyways.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i dont buy wiikey anymore, i will only use wiinja deluxe because it includes audiofix and supports all 3 chipsets and it already has updates out
smile.gif

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why does everyone want an update for?

The Wiikey and most modchips already have compatability for 100% of the games in your region. Also, there is no way to tell whether they will support their product anymore or not.

They are likely just waiting for the new version of GCOS to come out.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are correct Gendo83, you could use FSTfix though: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=52676&hl=

actually, I've seen a lot of wiikey users saying that none of the usual tricks will fix audio streaming games with wiikey. still end up with a crash/DRE. And with a wiikey in, even original disks of audio streaming games won't play anymore. I almost bought one of these in my first 48 hours of researching ... good thing I was too poor. I ended up ordering wiinja deluxe - it's in the mail right now.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seriously though, why does everyone want an update?

Gamecube support? This is a GIFT. They didn't have to include Gamecube support, heck most modchips/softmods don't even have backwards compatability.

Audio Fix? If you haven't played/bought the game that you want by NOW then seriously, I don't think you care. If you do care still, go get a gamecube for 20$ and go buy that game.

Multi Region Support. Unless you are talking about Pal games, it seems irrelevant to me since most people wouldn't be able to even understand the game to begin with.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seriously though, why does everyone want an update?

Gamecube support? This is a GIFT. They didn't have to include Gamecube support, heck most modchips/softmods don't even have backwards compatability.

Audio Fix? If you haven't played/bought the game that you want by NOW then seriously, I don't think you care. If you do care still, go get a gamecube for 20$ and go buy that game.

Multi Region Support. Unless you are talking about Pal games, it seems irrelevant to me since most people wouldn't be able to even understand the game to begin with.

Better multi regional support would be great for games like trauma centre. The USA as had it since wii release. We are getting it next month. But I think its one of the very few games that PAL users can't play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"