WiiKey Update 1.9g Success Reports

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by klyick, Nov 2, 2007.

Nov 2, 2007
  1. klyick
    OP

Newcomer klyick Advanced Member

United States
    I am pleased to report complete success with my NTSC-U WiiKey upgrade. SMG works, along with every other backup and non backup disk I have. Woot!

I have to admit, watching the 3.1 update was nervewracking, as it proceeded bit by bit, until about 40 percent, then sat there for about 1 min 30 sec(seemed like a eternity) and then suddenly jumped to 100 percent, Update Successful.

-Klyick

2. hanman

Member hanman I'm a pretty lucky guy

United States
    really? mine progressed smoothly from 1 - 100 percent. strange that yours didn't.

3. iSynic

Newcomer iSynic Newbie

United States
    Flashing went very quickly and very smoothly for me. SMG worked equally well.

*Edit Per Request*

Before update:
    Wiikey at 1.9b
    US Wii (launch model) at 3.0 firmware.
    1.9g burned at 4x with no padding to Memorex DVD+R with Nero.
    Mario Galaxy burned at 8x to Memorex DVD+R with Nero.

4. Hogmeister

Member Hogmeister GBAtemp Regular

United States
    my upgrade didn't even make it to 40% .. it was maybe 20% at best before it just up and stopped... i decided to power it down and power it back up, works fine but it shows 3.0u in the wii settings screen now.

good times [​IMG]

5. klyick
    OP

Newcomer klyick Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks for your reports! But could you please include a little more information about your setups? Like, region, chipset(if known), rom version, etc. That way we can pinpoint any problems if they arise more easily.

-Klyick

6. topboy

Newcomer topboy Advanced Member

Canada
    Wii- NTSC-U. Works bitches [​IMG]

7. betawind

Member betawind GBAtemp Regular

United States
    D2B Cut Leg Wii NTSC-U
    Genuine Wiikey originally running 1.3

Burnt 1.9g iso using Nero and no padding on the iso

Update went completely smooth, no hiccups, pauses or moments of "oh crap, I'm screwed"

SMG update went just as well. Update from game disk went smoothly from 1-100% and booted right up after the Wii reboot

8. ozzyzak

Member ozzyzak GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Not sure what chip I have. It was one of the launch ones, if that tells you anything. That's in reference to the Wii not the wiikey burnt the Wiikey update with Sonic Recordnow, no padding.

updated perfectly on a wiikey clone, totally flawless. Mario Galaxy works a charm. Great game too!

9. Elo

Member Elo GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    launch pal wii with dms chip, original authentic wiikey,updated from 1.9b to g..worked smoothly 1-100, all games since work flawless,no problems at all.

10. MrKuenning

Member MrKuenning GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Worked first try, good job WIIKEY guys/guy

11. Dafluke24

Newcomer Dafluke24 Newbie

United States
    NTSC-U D2B Wii with wiikit. Updated to 1.9g without a hitch. No hangups on 3.1 update. SMG works great.

12. dOOfus

Newcomer dOOfus Advanced Member

United States
    ntsc-u
    legit wiikey
    3.1 updated to 1.9g
    no errors
    smg works

13. maddk

Newcomer maddk Advanced Member

Brazil
    My wiikey flash isn't working it gives me a connection error... Don't know if my wiikey is a clone but some ppl say clones do work... maybe it's my wii firmware that is 2.2u, does that affect it?

14. Hogmeister

Member Hogmeister GBAtemp Regular

United States
    this is the success reports post, not the "question about a failure, when theres already 30k other posts on a number of other forums and this one also" post. either way nah, i updated my wiikey to 1.9g with the 2.2u firmware.

NTSC-U DMS chipset (i think it was dms eitehr that or d2a, pretty sure it was teh DMS one tho)
    2.2u wii firmware
    wiikey w/ original firmware on it.

updated the wiikey to 1.9g without a hitch, then proceeded to update the wii with SMG when it suddenly hung at about 25% maybe a little less and stayed there for a good 10-15+ minutes so i just shut it off. Upon starting it up, SMG read and plays just fine and now my wii shows 3.0u as the wii firmware in the settings screen. *shrug*

15. HaTaX

Member HaTaX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    NTSC US Launch day wii
    WiiKey (Not clone) with 1.9g flashed
    Firmware update DVD burnt onto Fuji 4X DVD+RW, filechopped to 4.7GB
    Wii firmware @ 3.0U.

SMG works great!

16. Epak

Newcomer Epak Member

Finland
    Pal Wii 2.1E Wiikey 1.9g

No problems with the Wiikey update, 1.3 config disc worked also. Did the unplug trick for SMG and it works great too. Gotta say that the Wiikey team did a great job!

17. kgb420

Newcomer kgb420 Member

United States
    Worked perfect the first time!

Wiikey at 1.9b
    US Wii (launch model) at 3.0 firmware.
    1.9g burned at 4x with padding to Memorex DVD-R with img burn.
    Mario Galaxy burned at 4x to Verbatim DVD-R(light-scripe) with Nero.

18. whaler

Newcomer whaler Newbie

United States
    It took me a couple tries to get it done but it worked.......ands here was my flow pattern. 1 failed burn after 1.9g and 1 read and crash on load. Both were on Maxell DVD-RW. burned it a couple more times and got more anxious as they failed to read. I then ran the 1.3 update for wiikey then the 1.9g update once more....burned it to Maxell dvd-rw and WAM! it worked.

and yes as others have reported all games that I found unreadable now read well.

You have satisfied the masses again wiikey.

So much software, So little time.

19. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    I pre-ordered SMG already, but I had just finished God of War for the first time and was craving something cartoony before moving on the GoW2. So I caved in and decided to try SMG.

I was on the original wiikey firmware and wasn't sure if I could upgrade straight to 1.9g, but I didn't want to risk fucking something up, so I started with 1.9b.
    Downloaded both update isos from the wiikey site and used filechop on them to pad them to the size of a GC game. Burned both with Nero 6 at 8x using TDK DVD-Rs. Ran both discs and updated with out a hitch.

Burned SMG on the same media and at the same speed using K3b (different computer than the update discs). Ran the Nintendo update from the disc and booted SMG without any problem.
    I am getting a few DREs every once and a while, but I just eject the disc and pop it back in and it continues as normal. I'll probably end up playing using the original disc when it arrives anyway.

My Wii is NTSC-U, using D2B drive.

20. poseoff

Newcomer poseoff Member

Successfully upgraded
    used Verbatim DVD-RW for wiikey f/w upgrade
    Wii 07/07 d2b, cut chip
    no problems at all
    SMG plays perfectly, as does all backups

upgraded genuine Wiikey 1.0 --> 1.9b --> 1.9g then Upgraded Wii firmware 3.1u - to SMG update
    I must say the wii upgrade was pretty intrusive, the game did not show up on the channel, when i clicked the game channel it immediately demanded that i upgrade the wii with no option to say no.
    nintys getting a little rude on us