Wiikey Teams Update - Going to deliver?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Sk3pT!kaL, May 19, 2007.

May 19, 2007
  1. Sk3pT!kaL
    OP

Newcomer Sk3pT!kaL Member

United States
    Just curious what you think is going to happen.. At first it was the 15th, then I read in a topic here about an official update from the Wiikey team postponing the update till the 19th.. We'll, here we are. 12am.. Officially the 19th. (of course I don't expect them to post it the second it's sat.)

What do you think? Do you think they're going to be up to the task or back out again? [​IMG]

2. robi

Member robi GBAtemp Regular

France
    Well it was never set to the 15th.

"We expect that it will be available to the public around May 15."

Still I expected it sometime this week, but we do know it's being beta-tested so maybe there is a show-stopper bug?

3. sith

Newcomer sith Newbie

United States
    Vaporware.

haha.. j/k.. i have no idea..the wiikey team have never been really good at keeping promises (or respecting customers), my best guess is the update will continue to be promised until they sell whatever wiikeys they have produced, and then wiikey.cn vanishes in a cloud of smoke and we never hear from them again...hell at least we got a semi-functional chip [​IMG]

.sith.

4. darrrren

Newcomer darrrren Member

United Kingdom
    totally agree with the above . they may have already dangled the last carrot.

5. Sk3pT!kaL
    OP

Newcomer Sk3pT!kaL Member

United States
    Well, they have proven to be completely unreliable. Yes, before someone flies off their noob handle with the "around" BS, let me point out AROUND means shortly after or before, NOT 5 days after.

Well.. at least we know not to get all hyped whenever they say when new updates are coming out. Rather know it's not then give false hope that it is and when it's time be complete let down.

6. xiaNaix

Member xiaNaix GBAtemp Fan

United States
    For the record, they only promised it would be released "sometime around" May 15th. There was no "official update" from the Wiikey team about the 19th. That was just some website spreading rumor from bogus sources. It has been my experience that none of the Wiikey guys are ever around on the weekend so I wouldn't expect to hear anything until Monday.

And, yes, we are all fed up with the lack of communication.

7. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    The lack of communication with the team is the biggest problem here.

I will mark down my Wiikey review if things keep up like this.

8. -KangaRod-

Member -KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    glad I bought a dozen clones and not real ones.

9. koentje3

Member koentje3 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    meh im not even interested anymore with the release of strikers charged [​IMG]

10. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    On the website it says their waiting for the developers to deliver the update. Think its a load of BS to me. The update will never appear and the people that played $20 less for a clone will be pissing themselves at the people that bought the original.

11. andreq

Member andreq GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    ....so funny....

don't know about any of you... but back in PS2 time... when Crystal Team (I fully respect them) said they would release a "big" update...

2...or even 5...month after the "estimated first realease date" they finaly released something....and now it's one of the best PS2 modchip on the market. They are Releasing something almost every 2 month or less

just wait... I mean... if you can't play a game...just get up your ass and do something else. Go outside and drive this old rusty bicycle (or get a brand new one...like I did 3 month ago) it's almost summer ffs (sorry kids)...

anyway

I'm not replying anymore to this

12. ndela007

Member ndela007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You could just go rent the game if you absolutely have to buy it. Anyways modding the wii seems somewhat silly in my eyes, but I often do not trust some of the first gen chips that come out for any console. My friend picked up a wiikey.... and that is the only thing he says about it (other than it being somewhat of a waste at this time).

13. dsbomb

Member dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I just cannot understand the level of emotion people have with this issue of clones vs real Wiikeys. It's a $20 difference. We're not talking huge money, exactly. Comparing to women and the designer purses, I can understand buying a knockoff for $20 instead of a few hundred dollars.

My feeling is the Wiikey folks deserve that extra $20. I could probably solder together one of the open source chips, but I'm no expert and it'd take me quite a few hours gathering info, reading up, doing the job. $20 is worth saving myself the headaches there. It's a very nice modchip, and it gets the job done. It is still less than the price of a single retail game, and plays bunches of Wii and Gamecube games. I am fully satisfied, and feel I have certainly gotten the $30ish use out of it, even if there is never an update.

So, why do you clonees insist that anyone who pays full price is getting ripped off, or whatever, by Wiikey?

14. -KangaRod-

Canada
    I cannot understand how people feel that Wiikey deserves the money; and yet Nintendo or whomever is producing the game does not?

15. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    you sir....hit the nail on the head

16. wovva

Newcomer wovva Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I don't have a modded wii and no plans to mod it. So from an outsiders point of view if a person told me they would deliver a parcel to my house around 6 p.m. and then turned up 2 days later having said absolutely nothing about it, I would tell them where to go.

17. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    You can only complain about things when you pay for it. We only bought the wiikey and not the firmware updates.

18. -KangaRod-

Canada
    no. You bought a wiikey; if you didn't want the service that was offered with a wiikey; why didn't you just use one of the free range chips?

Part of the service offered by the wiikey team was the promise of updates.

19. robi

Member robi GBAtemp Regular

France
    We should call the Better Business Bureau on their ass!