Wiikey + SSBB + 3.0E = Freeze on update screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by NiCK_TM, Mar 31, 2008.

Mar 31, 2008
  1. NiCK_TM
    OP

Newcomer NiCK_TM Member

Australia
    Well, I recently obtained Super Smash Bros Brawl and bought some expensive Verbatim DVD9+R's. Having a PAL console I applied the PPF patch labeled, Super.Smash.Bros.Brawl.WII.NTSC.TO.PAL.UPDATES.REMOVED.PPF.PATCH.ppf under the assumption that it would work on my console. When I load the disk it asks for an update, which I read is normal even though the US update is removed, the first time I pressed accept and the update got to ~75% done and then the wii froze, to be sure I left it for half an hour, after that time it was still frozen on the same spot. So I powered off and tried again, now everytime that I try that update I press accept and the screen instantly freezes. All burnt DVD5 games still function perfectly.

I'd like to be able to identify the problem, is it in the fact that I have 3.0E instead of 3.2E? Or perhaps that I incorrectly applied the patch, or simply that the burning failed or my laser is disfunctional.

Cheers,
    ~Nick.

2. phaerun

Member phaerun GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    i think you need at least 3.1 for ssbb . so you might want to update to 3.2 now

3. NiCK_TM
    OP

Newcomer NiCK_TM Member

Australia
    Ok, thanks man. Any idea what PAL games have 3.2 included? as my wireless isn't very good and the wii has real trouble connecting.

EDIT: Disregard that, I installed the update and it works fine, thank you very much [​IMG].