wiikey setup disc

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by philipcooper, Apr 9, 2007.

Apr 9, 2007

wiikey setup disc by philipcooper at 10:53 PM (1,369 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. philipcooper
    OP

Member philipcooper GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i have just had my wii modded do i need to get the setup disc to do anything.
    what i mean is what do i need it 4?

2. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    I am not to sure about this. The region free is set on "OFF" by default. So you would need the setup disk enable that if you want to play games outside of your region.

3. philipcooper
    OP

United Kingdom
    there is load of different versions on the wiikey website if i get the latest one does that have all the features in as the earlier one plus more or have you got to get each one individually?

4. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    since your profile says Liverpool (UK) you would have to get the PAL version of 1.1 or get the 1.2ver and make the PAL disk from the zip file.

5. philipcooper
    OP

United Kingdom
    ok i get the 1.1 and thats the only 1 i need then ?

6. pierrrre

Newcomer pierrrre Newbie

Canada
    Don't bother with 1.1. The newest one is 1.2. Once you unpack the file you will see three BootableDisc_file. Double click on BootableDisc_PAL.bat and it will create a file call "bootdisc.pal.iso" in the same folder . Burn this image on a DVD-R and stick it into your WII at startup. Change the region override to ON. Save and exit. Remove the disc put a WII game backup in and have fun

That's it

7. philipcooper
    OP

United Kingdom
    can i burn the image on a cdr or does it have to be a dvdr

8. philipcooper
    OP

United Kingdom
    that pal bat is only 1kb big is that right.
    dont i need to do the us or jap bat?

9. philipcooper
    OP

United Kingdom
  10. fartman16

Newcomer fartman16 Newbie

United States
    if your wii is a pal wii, then do the pal.bat. if it's a ntsc-u wii, then do the US bat file. basically just run the bat file that corresponds to your wii's version. that will create a .iso file. use a burning program to burn the image to a dvd and put it in your wii and play it.

11. philipcooper
    OP

United Kingdom
    got ya thx

12. philipcooper
    OP

United Kingdom
    i know you use the reset button to select up and down but what do you enter the setting

13. CYatta

Member CYatta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Dear god man, would it kill you to read things once and a while? I've read many of your posts all with extremely simple questions.

14. philipcooper
    OP

United Kingdom
    calm down what you getting upset for

15. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Any of your questions could be answered by using the search feature or reading the documentation on the setup disc or your mod chip.

We hear your questions all the time and they're the decline of otherwise fine boards such as this one.

Edit: Also, I'm not a nazi about capitalization or punctuation but damn man...

16. CYatta

Member CYatta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hey, at least I'm helping you answer your question and with your other problems. I could have just told you to read it and left it at that. Just think of it as reminder to check the readme's or do a search on a forum before asking a question, so people don't get annoyed with your questions. The least you could do is say you searched and read stuff, but couldn't find the answer

17. mustnap

Member mustnap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I guess noobs these days are lazy to read. this guy (philipcooper) started 3 threads asking about his problems. he could just compile everything and put it in the same thread. reading his posts was hard and he describes his problems vaguely. not only that, he asked about simple how-to questions that shouldn't have been brought up had he read the READ ME on Wiikey website and posts on previous threads.

I really think we should put a sticky on how to search topics in this forum. i've been reading the same damn problem each time on a new thread. sometimes it irritates me (seeing noobs asking the same damn questions)

18. BillnTed

Newcomer BillnTed Member

United Kingdom
    You have to allow for the fact that many of my compatriots are used to communicating by SMS or 'txt-speak', whereby time is saved in substituting single letters for words or letter combinations and removing capitalisation & punctuation.
    Example - See you later, mate! becomes cu l8r m8
    This habit remains, even when one has the benefit of a full keyboard and all digits to type with. Given that Mr Cooper was probably in a rush to test out his mod chip, his haste accentuated his brevity of communication.
    Let's not make room for Slashdot-style Spelling and Grammar nazis, but at the same time, a little more thought in composing questions and providing full details would not go amiss.
    pip pip!
    Bill