Wiikey setup disc question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sbygel, Apr 7, 2007.

Apr 7, 2007

Wiikey setup disc question by sbygel at 7:22 AM (1,057 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. sbygel
    OP

Newcomer sbygel Member

United States
    First of all, I have a pal wii with a wiikey installed and every backup game is running fine. The thing that puzzles me is the wiikey config disc (v1.1), it wont save any changes. So my question is why ?[​IMG]
    If I change the region override option to "on", press "save settings" it looks fine, then I boot the wii, enter the config disc again and its back to default "off" - its the same result with all the options in the config disc. I have tried using a GC memcard, but it still no go.

Is it suppose to reset it to default after each boot or am I missing something?

2. sbygel
    OP

Newcomer sbygel Member

United States
    I just tried with the config disc v1.2 and the result is the same - it aint saving my settings..

3. jespertje

Newcomer jespertje Advanced Member

Netherlands
    It is saving but it won't tell you for stealth reasons. (that's what it says on the wiikey site)

4. VascoAlmeida

Member VascoAlmeida Banned

Portugal
    I had the same problem as you mate, dont go crazy about it, the thing is.... You only need to put the region free On and save, and never put the disc again basically... cause when you put the disc it puts all the options to default.. [​IMG]

5. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    It also says that on the README. So there is no problem.

6. sbygel
    OP

Newcomer sbygel Member

United States
    Thanks a lot for the info and yes I was kinda going nuts [​IMG]