Wiikey setup disc 1.2 not working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by [-BiG_W-], Apr 7, 2007.

Apr 7, 2007
  1. [-BiG_W-]
    OP

Newcomer [-BiG_W-] Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Very strange. Just installed the wiikey and everything works perfectly however when I boot the wiikey setup disc 1.2 it gets to the main menu but just hangs. I cant use the wavebird to move the menu and the reset button does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Frankie

Newcomer Frankie Newbie

Netherlands
    Yeah, I have the same problem. I hope someone can help us! Today I have send a message to Wiikey support, maybe I have a clone....Although I bought the Wiikey by a official reseller from the Wiikey site. It's not only the Setup Disc that gives me problems now (it did worked a few weeks ago when I installed the chip). Some new burned games (Starfox Assault USA and Kirby Air Ride USA) doesn't work on my PAL Wii. And Freeloader doesn't start anymore [​IMG] Some other Gamecube games still perfectly work and all the Wii games (from all regions) still play fine. But the Wii is very picky (and random) with playing Cube games.

P.S. I'm using a original GC controller but it looks like the setup disc just freezes.

3. dOOfus

Newcomer dOOfus Advanced Member

United States
    i had a problem using the wavebird in 1.1, try using a wired controller
    or try turning the wavebird on after you get into the setup

4. Frankie

Newcomer Frankie Newbie

Netherlands
    Anyone who can help with the above mentioned problem?

5. Critical_Impact

Member Critical_Impact GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Hold down A before it loads the setup disc and let go just before it shows up and you will be able to use the wavebird's dpad to move around the menu.

6. Frankie

Newcomer Frankie Newbie

Netherlands
    Thank you very your reply but I'm using the original GC controller. Mine problems are in the other post [​IMG]