Hacking Wiikey - SD Backup

vlaine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I preordered my Wiikey and am axious to receive it.
I am also anxious to know how the "Unique disc backup application via sdcard" will work.
Do you have any idea?

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe it will be Gamecube homebrew and will depend on the use of a GC memcard to SD card adapter.
It will work by reading the disc, splitting the data and then copying in parts to the SD card.

That's how I think it will work, may turn out different though.

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds the most obvious way it would work, its good that everyone has the ability to rip Wii games. All of you NTSC's can get us PAL's some advance copies of games that will take another 5 months to come out in PAL.

Kaphis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
there are speculations that this won't work at first because there haven't been any wii homebrews and since the sdcard is wii hardware, gc homebrew won't be able to access it...BUT...the new wiikey install disc can use wiimote...wii homebrew? :DDD

edit: sorry, after rereading the wiikey install disc thread, the install disc can't use wiimotes either. so no wii homebrew yet probably meaning no sdcard backup abilities yet

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kaphis, you may want to read my post too.
It's not just an uninformed opinion that it will use a GC memory card - SD adapter, the author of GCOS has stated he is working on something like this.

Kaphis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sorry~ I didn't realize the gc memory card to sd card adapter, yea that can work ^^;; but it won't be the built in sd card slot of the wii like everyone thought

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat