wiikey reliability?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wiimii, Jul 26, 2007.

1. wiimii
    OP

wiimii GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2007
    U.k
    out of all the people that have the wiikey installed properly and have had it installed for months, how many of you still get the occasional d r e . are there any people who get them and then they stop ,ive read some people get dres but is it due to the chip/bad install or is it expected to do this alot please comment ,just wondering how reliable the wiikey is

2. sekhu

sekhu moo?

Feb 14, 2007
    the only time a mod chip would give dres is if the installation was a poor one. other reasons can be the laser is getting worn out, and most likely culprit is the media that is being used, IMHO

3. nilsk123

nilsk123 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2007
    Netherlands
    I've had wiikey in my wii since the day it launched, I'm proud to say, I'VE NEVER EXPERIENCED A SINGLE DRE! I havent ever had ANY problem with it. Absolutely NOTHING!

I am loving the chip, it's perfect, trust me.

( I burn on cheap ass no brand dvd-r's at 8 x speed )

4. Social0

Social0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 19, 2007
    Belgium
    I sometimes get a dre after having unhooked my Wii and putting it back in the power socket.
    After I put in a game, then it would give me a dre, but if I just start it up without a disc the first time after an unplug, it works fine

5. Scorpei

Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 21, 2006
    Netherlands
    You do realise that "how reliable is this and that?" is a silly question if you do not take into account things like what media you are using, etc.. For example I have had nearly no problems with ANY mod-chip as long as I used proper branded DVD's with the right content.

P.s., no i'm not just spamming URLs but here are a few submissions with the WiiKey used;
    http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/Wii_DVD_compatibility_list

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice