Hacking wiikey reliability?

wiimii

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
out of all the people that have the wiikey installed properly and have had it installed for months, how many of you still get the occasional d r e . are there any people who get them and then they stop ,ive read some people get dres but is it due to the chip/bad install or is it expected to do this alot please comment ,just wondering how reliable the wiikey is

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the only time a mod chip would give dres is if the installation was a poor one. other reasons can be the laser is getting worn out, and most likely culprit is the media that is being used, IMHO

nilsk123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've had wiikey in my wii since the day it launched, I'm proud to say, I'VE NEVER EXPERIENCED A SINGLE DRE! I havent ever had ANY problem with it. Absolutely NOTHING!

I am loving the chip, it's perfect, trust me.

( I burn on cheap ass no brand dvd-r's at 8 x speed )

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I sometimes get a dre after having unhooked my Wii and putting it back in the power socket.
After I put in a game, then it would give me a dre, but if I just start it up without a disc the first time after an unplug, it works fine

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
You do realise that "how reliable is this and that?" is a silly question if you do not take into account things like what media you are using, etc.. For example I have had nearly no problems with ANY mod-chip as long as I used proper branded DVD's with the right content.

P.s., no i'm not just spamming URLs but here are a few submissions with the WiiKey used;
http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/Wii_DVD_compatibility_list

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?