Wiikey Recovery

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kylix, Nov 2, 2007.

Nov 2, 2007

Wiikey Recovery by Kylix at 4:58 PM (977 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Kylix
    OP

Newcomer Kylix Newbie

United Kingdom
    Is there any way to recover a Wiikey from a bad flash without using the recovery disk?

I accidentally turned my Wii off while flashing and now it won't run any backup.

I've tried the recovery disk countless times now and it doesn't seem to be doing anything, so I'm pretty much stuck..

Any ideas?

2. iSynic

Newcomer iSynic Newbie

United States
    Stupid question, did you read the readme file accompanied with the recovery disk? Where it explains to leave the disc in for several minutes while you're on the Wii channel screen?

3. Kylix
    OP

Newcomer Kylix Newbie

United Kingdom
    Yeah, I did - it just doesn't seem to do anything.

I burnt the disc using the exact same methods as I've used for all my other Wii discs, with ImgBurner. I've even tried burning it 3 other times with different burners and speeds and still no luck.

I'm guessing I'm just going to have to get a new wiikey installed.

Thanks anyway though.

4. tooknie

Newcomer tooknie Member

United Kingdom
    Did you try and pad the disk to gamecube size? Many people say that it doesn't matter but I couldn't get any update disks to work without doing this...

5. Kylix
    OP

Newcomer Kylix Newbie

United Kingdom
    Yeah, I tried padding it mate - I had the same problem with none of the update disks working without padding.

I'm just going to download the recovery iso again, pad it, and then burn it as slowly as possible, see if it'll work. No harm in trying.

Edit: No luck. Lame.