Wiikey readin originals but...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TGBoy, Sep 5, 2007.

Sep 5, 2007

Wiikey readin originals but... by TGBoy at 3:34 AM (986 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. TGBoy
    OP

Member TGBoy GBAtemp Regular

Kuwait
    I just got my Wii modded wit the Wiikey modchip. I tried playin the Wii Sports and Mario Kart Double Dash original discs and they seem to run perfectly wit no problem. Now i wrote the Wiikey setup disc on to a MMore Dash Dvd-r and tried to run it but it just wouldnt recognize the disc. I tried wit 2 MMore Discs. burned one at 6x, other at 4x.

Is this the problem wit the Wiikey installation or is it the problem wit the DVD -R media?

2. TGBoy
    OP

Kuwait
    this is the dvd media type
    MBI 01RG40

3. TGBoy
    OP

Kuwait
    tried Sony DVD-R at 8x and mario tennis works but not Super smash bros.. [​IMG]

4. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Use Verbatim or TDK. They both are really the best media out there.

There are also some Japanse weird name brand, but that is Verbatim but with little more quality on it.

Oh, and use IMGBurn to burn.

5. togashi

Newcomer togashi Newbie

Spain
    Taiyo Yuden. A bit more difficult to get but great media.

6. TGBoy
    OP

Kuwait
    K thankx for the help.. i use ImgBurn.. i used sony to write Super Smash Bros Melee and Wiikey setup disc 1.2 (twice) and this happ. when i put it in the Wii it displayed as gamecube disc found but when selected start.. it showed a black screen for 2-3 secs and then the Wii restarted.. Any idea wats goin on?
    At the same time i wrote Mario tennis in the same way and it works
    Mario party 4, 5 ,6, Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion i wrote as a multi game disc but it plays on mario party 5 others get stuck on the selectin of the video mode in the multi boot screen...Any idea bout this?

Oh and 1 more thing can i write games of 2 regions in one dvd .. like i wrote mario party 4,5,6 which was US and Luigi;s mansion and mario sunshine which was Europe..

Thanks

7. TGBoy
    OP

Kuwait
    guys any help.. i wrote the Wiikey setup disc like 5 times now on a sony dvd-r at 8x and 4x speed but none seem to read.. All it does is restart the wii each time after i select the game from the wii menu... wat should i do?
    I tired runnin GCOS first and then insertin this DVD ... the file to run is the bootldr.dol file rite.. it just gets stuck after i select it.. same wit all the setup dvds i made
    the other Dol file sdload.dol executes though.. wat could be the problem? [​IMG]

PS. I havent updated my Wii to the lastest firmware