Wiikey - Problems with GC NTSC games on PAL system

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wohoo, Apr 26, 2007.

Apr 26, 2007
  1. wohoo
    OP

Member wohoo GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    I've got a problem, when i'm trying to run NTSC game backups on my PAL Wii, the Wii just stops working and the screen turns black.

So here's the deal: I start up my Wii with Wiikey 1.1 (as 1.2 doesn't really update it, I haven't been bothering to update) and put in my burned backup in this, case Star Fox Assault, and everything goes as planned. It shows up in the disc channel like any Gamecube game and i press "Start". Then the wii starts to spinn the disk like hell and nothing happens as the screen goes black.

I've tried this thing called "SWAP", or whatever, but the result is the same. And I've also tried another game, Baldurs Gate: Dark alliance, and the same thing goes for this game too...

Any suggestions?
    Btw, if it helps... I have run the setup disc and fixed the "region override" option.

2. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    use GCOS to force the game into the correct display.

3. dsbomb

Member dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Heh, I have just the opposite problem. PAL games on my NTSC-U Wii work fine when burned directly to a disk. But if I use Make-Multi to create GCOS multigame images, it fails to start with black screens and stuff. One game started up a little bit, but froze a short way into the intro.

Perhaps try it with Make-Multi and see if it helps any, if direct burns are not working for you.

4. wohoo
    OP

Member wohoo GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Ok, I'll try.

I just need to figure out how GCOS works and how to make it play my isos [​IMG]

5. dsbomb

Member dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

United States
  6. wohoo
    OP

Member wohoo GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Ok, but i'll burn one game on every disc anyway, it gives me a great feeling when i'm swiching games with exchanging discs [​IMG]

Edit: Btw, i'll thy out all this on monday or something, then i have time [​IMG]

Edit 2: Tested now and I might be a bit to stupid to use GCOS... Anyone know where I can find a guide on how to use it?

7. wohoo
    OP

Member wohoo GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Sorry to doubble post, but I felt that I had to keep the thred alive a little bit longer before I can do this on my own.

8. avant1277

Member avant1277 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    There is a version with a GUI, take a look at

http://www.wii-ftw.com/news/index.php?/arc...h-GUI!.html

Might be easier for you...

(there may be a link on gbatemp about it, but couldn't see it)

I've not tried it yet, I'm waiting for a the wavebirds I ordered to show up, then plan to try out some quality GC games while waiting for some more decent Wii games to be released [​IMG]

9. wohoo
    OP

Member wohoo GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    WTF?! I can't grab it from the forum... regged and it still says that I can't access the file [​IMG]

Edit: just googled around and found another link, not the latest (2.0.2 or whatever) i'm sure it will be enough for me [​IMG] Thanks guys!