Hacking Wiikey pitfalls- Please Help

Shadowhawk22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am going to purchase a Wii with a Wiikey installed soon, and I want to know if you guys have any warnings or tips for me.
For instance-
-Will I need to look into the anti-Wii bricker?
-Do I need to be afraid of updating my Wii to play games, will this affect or damage my Wii?
-Do I need to update my Wiikey? Will I ever need to?

Thanks guys, this forum has been just what I have been looking for!

,Brett

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I am going to purchase a Wii with a Wiikey installed soon, and I want to know if you guys have any warnings or tips for me.
For instance-
-Will I need to look into the anti-Wii bricker?
if you want to play games from another region, yes it's recommended so you don't brick you console, always remove the update, takes no chances, however if you play games from your own region you won't need to patch anything

-Do I need to be afraid of updating my Wii to play games, will this affect or damage my Wii?
no, i have yet to hear any stories of anyone's Wii getting blocked via nintendo firmware updates, there is just a lot of scared people out there i wouldn't worry so much

-Do I need to update my Wiikey? Will I ever need to?
as of now, the wiikey does not have a update, there is rumour and speculation right now but nothing solid yet, the only thing available is the setup disc that basically overrides the region when you play games as well as other settings, i can't get into too much detail as i personally never used the setup disc

Thanks guys, this forum has been just what I have been looking for!

,Brett

answers in bold, also before you mod your console make sure to turn OFF the wifi 24 connect so that the battery doesn't mess up, if you don't your wifi connect 24 will not work at all! as soon as you get the console back after it's modded you can turn it on again.

Shadowhawk22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, thanks jalaneme. That was a huge help.

I guess I will just use games from my own region for now. I'm not sure how exactly I would use the anti-bricker, so I'll just avoid it altogether.

Also, I am not sure if wiiconnect24 was turned off before modding, but even if it wasn't its not the end of the world, right? I mean, all it does it allow my Wii to connect to people while it is offline... I like the idea, but I could still get the same things when I turn my Wii back on, right?

Thanks again for your help. This forum has answered every single one of my questions thus far.

,Brett

PS-
Can anyone explain what is involved with using the anti-bricker for my Wii? Maybe its worth looking into even if I play completely safe, right? Thanks!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Wow, thanks jalaneme. That was a huge help.

I guess I will just use games from my own region for now. I'm not sure how exactly I would use the anti-bricker, so I'll just avoid it altogether.

Also, I am not sure if wiiconnect24 was turned off before modding, but even if it wasn't its not the end of the world, right? I mean, all it does it allow my Wii to connect to people while it is offline... I like the idea, but I could still get the same things when I turn my Wii back on, right?

Thanks again for your help. This forum has answered every single one of my questions thus far.

,Brett

the wii brick blocker is a simple program that you use to patch the iso file with, just open the program load the iso and press the patch button, and that's it! it will remove any update on the iso image and you can safety play it on your wii console, you will also need wiifii aswell to patch the iso to your native region, again it's pretty simple and only takes a few seconds to do.

the reason why wifi connect 24 should be off before you install the modchip is because if you don't have it off your weather channel will not work anymore, you won't receive news channel updates anymore, you won't receive any indication you received a message from anyone, and also you won't be able to use the everybody votes channel either as it will say "200 days left remaining" and stay like that forever those are all reasons why the wifi connect 24 should be turned OFF before installing the wiikey.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=49885
http://psx-scene.com/forums/wiikey/53016-r...nect24-fix.html

i've also read that the internet channel can be affected also, cookies are not saved everytime you load a web page.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=54882

also check out my gamecube compatibility chart if you decide to play any gamecube games on your wii
http://psx-scene.com/forums/wiikey/57517-t...-some-info.html

you will have to register i think to psx scene to see the topics though.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Shadowhawk22:
-Since you're an NTSC-U users you don't really need to worry about brick patches. cause most of the games I'm assuming you're gonna be getting are from that region.

-Games from NTSC-J / PAL regions are the ones you need to worry about firmware updates. So patch them before you burn them.

-There is no spoon

Shadowhawk22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, again- exactly what I needed to know. You guys are the best!

I think I was just concerned about updating my Wii period, since I am used to the PSP rule of never upgrading... ever...

I will just be sure to upgrade my Wii online, and if I have to- to use the disk, but never ever update from a PAl or Japanese game...

Thanks Jalaneme and Bloodgod, you guys rock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi