Wiikey or D2Ckey premodded Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by daq, Nov 15, 2007.

Nov 15, 2007

Wiikey or D2Ckey premodded Wii? by daq at 4:07 PM (1,865 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. daq
    OP

Newcomer daq Newbie

Germany
    Hey all

Great site, Ive gained a wealth of info from reading over this forum the past week.....Just wondering if anyone could chip in some opinions on whether I should buy a Wii + Wiikey or Wii + D2Ckey pre modded console. I know that currently they pretty much both have the same exact features and play the same things but Im sort of in a bind as who to trust more in the future update wise for future compatibility. Im sort of leaning toward Wiikey at the moment, as I was impressed with the relative short amount of time they managed to fix the Mario Galaxy prob. With D2CKey being so new they havent had a need to issue any updates yet, so Im not sure what they will be like in a few months time when Brawl hits us all with some new copy protection [​IMG]. Though perhaps the D2Ckey is a better chip due to it being newer, and from what I read its possible they are made by the same team as Wiikey anyways (thus having the same level of support?)

Anyways, sorry for the wordy post, any flames or opinions people could offer would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. corbs132

Member corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I always thought that D2CKey was a fork of wiikey, like it was endorsed.

3. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    same team are behind wiikey and d2ckey

4. screwed

Newcomer screwed Advanced Member

Norway
    I'm leaning more towards the D2C myself.
    not that there is any real difference yet, they both work in playing backups just fine as far as I've heard.

although I dont think there is any news on how to update the D2C yet, its probably going to need an update at one point.
    but if its the same way as the Wiikey then.. again.. doesn't really matter.

if its the same price, and they still have a few Wii's with the older chipsets that Wiikey works with.
    its basically just up to you.

[EDIT]
    oh, and as a side not to the GBAtemp crew. are you going to review the D2C mod?

5. arman68

Newcomer arman68 Advanced Member

Armenia
    I was asking myself the same question not so long ago. In the end, I went for the WiiKey, not because it was cheaper, but becaused I figured out with fewer cables and solder points, there is less chance of one going lose and breaking it.

6. falco123

Member falco123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Launch Wiis have problems, don't risk it.

Mine has artifacts =/

7. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Just a question, where are you ordering from, taking in account that you order from the Internet?

Thanks.

8. daq
    OP

Newcomer daq Newbie

Germany
    for the wiikey wii i was thinking of ordering from gamefreax.de.

tho im still undecided on what i want to get!

9. altijdwat

Newcomer altijdwat Member

Netherlands
    If you buy a Wii with the new serial numbers you won't be able to use Wiikey anymore so it depends on what you buy...old serial Wiikey np...new Wii you beter go for the D2C.

10. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    altijdwat he's gonna buy a premodded wii so it doesn't matter. The risk is always going to be that you don't get a wiikey if they say you will, but a clone or something else entirely. (same with cyclowiz)
    But if you get a D2C wii you know that only D2Ckey and the infectus work on it. No clones afaik

11. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    i heard d2c key is faster, and more stealthy

12. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    "more stealthy" is a bunch of crap [​IMG] The way it works is different, but theree is no game that works on D2Ckey that doesn't on wiikey or cyclowiz e.g. If you mean the SMG thing, yeah the D2C didn't need an update.
    And what is faster about it?