Wiikey issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by redstar666, Mar 25, 2007.

1. redstar666
    OP

redstar666 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2007
    Hey all,

Ive been lurking here for a while and took the plunge into the world of Wii Modding (thanks for all the advice from the forum). I managed to solder the thing in and put it back together. Now I am trying to get the wiikey setup disk running. I have burnt it at x8 x4 and x2.4 on PC-line cds (cheap and nasty). the 8 and 4 turned out to be coasters, making me think my install was crap, but the x2.4 made the wii bring up the GC rom image on the menu. Though when I tried to run it, it seems to try and then reset the Wii.

Is this a case of dodgy media, or a bad install job myside?

Any thoughts would be great.

2. mustnap

mustnap GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2007
    United States
    what did you mean by PC line CDs?? you used a CD?? anyhow, if the console could recognize that the disc you have inserted is a gamecube disc, there is a pretty good chance that you have modded your Wii correctly..

3. redstar666
    OP

redstar666 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2007
    Sorry, they were DVDs, sorry for the generic (and wrong) term in this case. [​IMG] I will try some other DVDs when i get a chance to buy some.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice