Wiikey ISO universal!?!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Takrin, Apr 21, 2007.

Apr 21, 2007

Wiikey ISO universal!?! by Takrin at 5:21 AM (1,213 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Takrin
    OP

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    maybe the topic got buried fast or lost, i know someone had to have tried it before. it seems wiikey setup disk works for any mod chip (no protection or firmware check at all), just dont adjust the firmware settings, it didnt hurt my wii, i had to test it hehe, also the PIC12F629 loaded fine after wiikey attempting to write on it and nothing was changed, but who knows it could break it maybe, but everything else seems to work, dumper, snes, sdload, mfe works.

if anyone else is scratching their head wondering if the wiikey setup disk will work on your mod chip the answer is Yes, go play snes, dump a game, listen to some music, or watch a movie.

2. RobertsD

Member RobertsD GBAtemp Regular

United States
    All those programs are just GC homebrew, so of course they will work with any modchip....

3. Takrin
    OP

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    smart companies dont want you to use their software if you dont have the hardware so they usually will add in a code to verify before letting you run it. i thought wiikey would have least added in a code to check if your actually even using wiikey. if i have known sooner i would have just used the wiikey setup disk instead of finding everything and sticking into a dvd myself

4. kristijan08

Member kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    exactly, all these programs were available long before the disc was even released (some even before wii chips were out on the market) haha

in terms of the code wiikey would use i dont think it would be worth the teams efforts, especially considering the easy availablity and use of all the apps on their cd

5. ps2.au

Member ps2.au Advanced Member

Australia
    yeah, all GC homebrew, none is real Wii homebrew

6. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    yep gc homebrews...