Wiikey installs...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Hogmeister, Mar 15, 2007.

Mar 15, 2007

Wiikey installs... by Hogmeister at 7:15 PM (1,168 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Hogmeister
    OP

Member Hogmeister GBAtemp Regular

United States
    alrighty well my tri-wing finally decided to show up, and i've chosen the whole wire method to install my wiikey.. i'm interesed to see where people put the wiikey inside their case w/ wire installs...

just from a quick glace, there looks to be a lot of space in the back by the sensor bar to put the chip for safe keeping [​IMG]

i know i saw some pics somewhere but i can't remember where [​IMG] lets see some installs of it non-quicksolder like [​IMG]

2. dslknight

Newcomer dslknight Member

United States
    You can put it in the same place as the Cyclowiz ... right in the open spot on the dvd surrounding the circuit board.

3. iza

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    electical tape is okay right?

4. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    I did a wire install and put the chip pretty much in the same place you would do with a quicksolder, just put some electrical/insulation tape between the board and the wiikey and then a bit over the wiikey to keep the wires tidy and keep the chip stuck down. I was able to screw the drive back down fine so there must be a fair bit of space underneath there. [​IMG]

5. alucard77

Member alucard77 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think I will do it like Darkforce. The trick is to use cables that are as small as possible. Long cables can give problems.

Thanks for letting me know there is enough room to do this. I was worried I would need to do long cables.

6. mustnap

Member mustnap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i do not have any electrical tapes.. any ideas what can be used as a substitute?

7. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    You should be able to get it cheap in either a place where sells car spares/accessories or an hardware shop. It costs next to nothing.

8. Smack

Member Smack GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Live near a Home Depot or any other hardware store? I imagine Safeway or any major super market might have some as well. I got 1 roll from Home Depot for under $1. The stuff is not very hard to find at all.