Hacking wiikey installed... which discs to use now to config?

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds odd. Mine snapped into place with a definite "Snap" sound.

Don't want to offend you, but are you sure you seated it correctly ?

ole jason

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
rambozotheclown said:
Sounds odd. Mine snapped into place with a definite "Snap" sound.

Don't want to offend you, but are you sure you seated it correctly ?

Yeah I'm not sure how it could be in there wrong unless I'm missing something. It seems to fit flush over the chip and it is oriented correctly.

QUOTE(wilsey @ Sep 7 2008, 11:38 AM) It should snap in, and usually you need a thin knife or something to pull it off

check under the clip and make sure no bent pins or anything

Bent pins on the wiiclip or the chip itself? The chip is fine. It's kind of hard to tell if anything has gone awry on the wiiclip because everything is so small. Should all of the little pieces of metal around the edges be uniform? I'll try to take an up close pic of the clip and post it

I think this is definitely the problem though. It's simply not making a good contact with the D2B chip

wilsey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuxhaven.net
XP
Country
On the bottom side of the wiiclip is wee groves with wee pins in them, make sure there straight, as a wrong push can bend them so they will make contact with the wrong pins on the chip itself

ole jason

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Took it apart again and the wii clip fell off the chip by the mere force of gravity when I opened the drive.

I don't see any bent pins or anything. That stuff is so small I'm not sure I could see it even if it was there. I think I'm done though. This is getting to be more trouble than it's worth for an obviously defective product.

ole jason

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Left it apart so I could apply slight pressure to the wiiclip while it tries to read a disc. No luck. Still the same thing.

ole jason

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Took it apart yet again to make sure the clip is legit. It looks like the real deal. It also seems to be connected to the drive now. It's not loose at all.

modchipcentral says they've never seen a wii-clip 'snap' into place so I don't know what that's about.

Needless to say, it still doesn't work. I went to best buy and bought verbatim -R's. Didn't make any difference at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: