wiikey install problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by essasin, Mar 23, 2007.

Mar 23, 2007

wiikey install problems by essasin at 12:42 AM (1,128 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. essasin
    OP

Newcomer essasin Member

United States
    I did the wiikey wire method. Double checked all points to make sure they are secure and no points connect with each other.

When I put in the setup disc i used the us NTSC wih no GC controller and it boots up to the Wii menu screen and not the wiikey config screen. Here I do not see my wiimote cursors and the disc icon on the top right indicates a game cube game. I burned the disc using a verbatim 16x lightscribe media.

I will try to get a clear shot of my solder points.

EDIT FIXED Problem was a defective sensor bar.

2. Robotochan

Newcomer Robotochan Newbie

United Kingdom
    You don't use the Wii Remote on the setup disc, you use the reset button, can't remember how as I used a gamecube controller, something like pressing it fast is up and down and holding it in a bit is like pressing A. Should be something on Wiikey.cn about it [​IMG]

3. essasin
    OP

Newcomer essasin Member

United States
    do you happen to have a link. I can't find it or do you happen to know which tab its under?

4. mustnap

Member mustnap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    taken from Wiikey website

http://www.wiikey.cn/news.html

5. essasin
    OP

Newcomer essasin Member

United States
    I think I was not clear on my orginal post. I don't get to the Wiikey setup menu I go right into the regular WII menu. Pressing reset just rests the wii.

6. mustnap

Member mustnap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    when you insert the setup disc, on the main Wii menu, did your Wii detect the disc as a Gamecube disc? if it did detect it, just run the gamecube disc..

7. essasin
    OP

Newcomer essasin Member

United States
    Yes I do see the gamecube disc icon in the regular wii menu. I can't access it because when I tap reset it just resets intead of acting as a toggle.

8. Azimuth

Member Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    click the gamecube icon on the menu, then click start. Simple

9. Critical_Impact

Member Critical_Impact GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    You want to go into the gamecube game, then the WiiKey setup screen will come up. Then press reset to move around. Hold reset for 2 or 3 seconds to select the option.

10. essasin
    OP

Newcomer essasin Member

United States
    I am def not on the same wavelength. I am missing something here. I can not click the gameube icon. I do not have a controller and I can not use the wiimote because the normal cursor does not pop up. How do i select the gamecube icon? I hate sounding like a total newb.

11. CYatta

Member CYatta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just to make it crystal clear, the wiikey config disc IS a gamecube image. As for you not being able to see your wiimote cursor..is your wiimote synced up to the wii? check the light on the mote. If it is, are you just not pointing it at the sensor bar correctly?

You're only supposed to use the reset button when you're actually IN the config disc menu, which means you first have to (naturally) load the gamecube disc by clicking on it in the disc channel on the "normal" Wii Menu

12. essasin
    OP

Newcomer essasin Member

United States
    THe config disc is a gamecube image i got from wiikey. It is the ntsc image non gc controller. The wiimote is synced because the first light is on and I can press home buttons, and the plus button, but I do not see the cursor. So I am supposed to use the wiimote to select the gamecube icon from the wii menu?

13. CYatta

United States
    Yes, re-read my post, i added a little something to try and make it more clear.

Well, if you don't see the cursor, I don't know what to tell you. Just, be sure you're pointing it at the sensor bar correctly, and that the bar is plugged in

14. essasin
    OP

Newcomer essasin Member

United States
    I found out the problem. So my senor bar is defective. I brought it over to my neigbors and borrowed his and it worked like charm and I used my senor bar on his wii and it does not detect cursors at all! I was really confused because I had no idea how I was supposed to click the gamecube icon. I thought you where supposed to use the reset button to do so since I didn't see my cursor. Thanks for taking the time I really appreciate it.

15. CYatta

United States
    Well that sucks (about the defective bar), but it's cool that ya got it figured out.