Hacking Wiikey Install Problem

anoncocoa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all.

I have performed a installation of the Wiikey chip on my Wii (with the DMS chipset). The joints are immaculate and their is continuity all around (checked and double checked). I measured ~2V on the Wiikey. Is that normal? It seems low to me but I can not seem to locate a spec sheet on it (the MCs writing on the Wiikey appears to have been smudged as I can't tell what model it is). Anyways, I'm 100% sure that the problem I'm experiencing is not related to the physical installation of the component. Also, I purchased the Wiikey from an authorized dealer via the Wiikey's website (it came with the hologram, etc.).

Every time I attempt to load a backup DVD on the Wii, I receive an error stating that the disc is unable to be read. However, original discs load perfectly and backup loading is still achieved using the backup loader. I should also mention that the media I am using to burn backups is great (I use Verbatim DVDs that I've never experienced a problem with).

I am also unable to load the configuration DVD or the update DVD at all, regardless of whether I attempt to load them using the backup loader.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk