OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a Launch Day Wii, and I'm tired of Brawl's US releases constantly getting changed so I'm going to mod it in preparation for the Japanese release. I wanted to go for the Cyclowiz but I can't find the damn thing anywhere. Looking around I found what is apparently the second best, the Wiikey, for only $20! This seems like the route I'm going to most likely go, but I do have some questions I'd appreciate answered about it. And the best part is I have a friend who already has solder stuff so yay for cheap!

*First off, the Super Mario Galaxy fiasco. How long did it take for a fix to come out? I need to know in case there is something new with Brawl when that is released...

*The whole "lack of support" is another possible concern, and this again goes back to Brawl. Do you think they'd still be bothered to do a fix for Brawl if something were to come up?

If I can think of anything else to ask, I'll just post in this topic again.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I believe it took a few weeks for them to fix the Mario Galaxy fiasco -- Team Cyclops had it fixed within 24 hours for the CycloWiz, apparently by mistake.

WiiKey team is notorious for being terrible with firmware updates -- Haven't you seen all the crap that happened when everyone was promised a firmware update within a week but it took 5 months, and was only released because it was leaked
tongue.gif

It's still a good chip mind you, it's stood the test of time so far for me, but nobody can say yet what "protection" will plague SSBB
tongue.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Believe me, I would rather much go for the CycloWiz but I can't find the damn thing. And no I can't say that I have seen all the crap because I ignored all the Wii Scene stuff. I had no idea what was going on.
laugh.gif

I am perfectly fine with the No Firmware updates thing, truth be told as long as what is already available works fine...

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
cyclo tema got the fix out so fast because they were already doing some fw update and it apparently worked randomly with sgm.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the wiikey update took 7 days? did it? it seemed like 2 or 3? even still SMG didn't even come out in stores for 2 weeks after the fix was released so we still got to play it very early.

also d2ckey team is doing update the wiikey now so you don't have to worry about lack of support.

cyclo was already working on an update thats why they had the fix so quick like tams said. had it been a crisis there's no way to know if cyclops would have had the update any quicker than wiikey.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's a good route. A problem with updates? One was just for an Audio Fix(which I have seemed to not even use at the time of it's release because of all the Wii games) and one was released pretty quickly(either 5 days or a week I think). The CycloWiz team was already working on a update without knowing there would be a problem with SMG so it's not like they're definately quick to fix a problem(unless they're psychic). Both are good chips but the only problem I have with the CycloWiz is that update switch.

And what site sells modchips that accepts paypal?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you can use a debit/credit card you could get it from modchipcentral not much of a differnece in price(around $2?), but it would arrive sooner.
Oh and this one comes with a spiffy screwdriver.
wub.gif

I take it the Screwdriver makes taking the Wii apart helluva lot easier? If so I'll take this route instead!

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a Launch Day Wii, and I'm tired of Brawl's US releases constantly getting changed so I'm going to mod it in preparation for the Japanese release. I wanted to go for the Cyclowiz but I can't find the damn thing anywhere. Looking around I found what is apparently the second best, the Wiikey, for only $20! This seems like the route I'm going to most likely go, but I do have some questions I'd appreciate answered about it. And the best part is I have a friend who already has solder stuff so yay for cheap!

*First off, the Super Mario Galaxy fiasco. How long did it take for a fix to come out? I need to know in case there is something new with Brawl when that is released...

*The whole "lack of support" is another possible concern, and this again goes back to Brawl. Do you think they'd still be bothered to do a fix for Brawl if something were to come up?

If I can think of anything else to ask, I'll just post in this topic again.
Just do a good search it's really worth it getting a Cyclowiz

Syntheticfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm the exact same as you right now gaisuto, lol i came to ask the exact same question.

I searched around for the cyclowiz as well, but noone has them in stock until february....

seems like wiikey is the best bet, now im just nervous I wont get an update for ssbb!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Now that I hear it fully it sounds slightly familiar