WIIKEY HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hellodummies, Jul 20, 2007.

Jul 20, 2007

WIIKEY HELP!!! by hellodummies at 4:44 AM (660 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. hellodummies
    OP

Newcomer hellodummies Member

United States
    ok, so i got the paper mario .iso file. Do i have to rename it?
    i got the USA verison of the wii
    i dont know how to set up the wiikey, but have it soldered. What verison of wiikey should i download? how do i burn it to a disk?
    Do i need to patch the games? If so, how?
    also what the heck is a system update in a iso???
    do i burn the wiikey kernel in a dvd-r or dvd+r? what speed????
    so should i patch it? the gAMe is USA... should i patch it so it wont update?

2. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Alright, let's try and tackle all this but I do not have a modded wii so my information may be slightly off.

1) No, your file does not need to be renamed, just burn it.
    2) Download the WiiKey Setup Disk 1.2 if you need it.
    3) The only patching that is done either removing the system update from the ISO or making it region free (the wiikey handles region free anyways, doesn't it?). If the Super Paper Mario is for your region, neither should be required.

3. hellodummies
    OP

Newcomer hellodummies Member

United States
    So do I need to patch it??????
    What do i patch it with?
    what the heck is a system update in the iso?
    how do i burn the wiikey kernel 1.2???
    i have nero 7 premium...

4. Sonicandtails

Member Sonicandtails GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Perhaps you shouldn't have bought the WiiKey without prior knowledge of .ISOs and such.

Alright listen. On the .ISO of Super Paper Mario, do you see a (U)? Is there anything different? Do you know what region the .ISO is? If it is (U) which is USA then you do not need to patch it. If it is anything else, then you need to patch it with RegionFrii and also BrickBlocker which takes out the firmware update which attempts to update your Wii. When you want to burn the WiiKey kernal, read what it says in the readme and it will tell you how to burn it. It is not hard.

I take it you are not an 8 year old, so try to type with more maturity and less question marks. One is enough we get the point you are asking a question.

5. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    The WiiKey Setup Disc 1.2.

Alright, I'm going to make this part as simple as possible. Open config.1.2.rar in WinRAR. Extract it. Double-Click BootableDisc_US.bat. An image file will be created. Burn this with any burning program. In your case, Nero.

There, that's your WiiKey Setup Disc.

If have a Gamecube controller to navigate the WiiKey Setup Disc menu, stop reading now.

If you do not have a Gamecube controller and need to navigate the WiiKey Setup Disc, read this: