WiiKey Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Sk3pT!kaL, Apr 17, 2007.

Apr 17, 2007

WiiKey Help by Sk3pT!kaL at 4:45 AM (954 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Sk3pT!kaL
    OP

Newcomer Sk3pT!kaL Member

United States
    At first I had an american wii and a wiikey. (Which my original intentions were to play naruto gnt ex but after I installed it I found out that it doesnt work until they release a new update to fix it..) So I rented Clash of Ninja 2 to be able to play an older version of it.. Sadly CoN also doesn't work, and since it is the same region I decided to remove the chip until the game had to go back. Played the game for a week, returned it and went to install the chip again.. Turns out we see a soldier pad has come off. So we sell the wii on ebay because of it and buy a new one (japanese one).

Just installed the modchip, installation went smooth, but it gives me the "turn off console" error now. (regardless of disc)
    I'm thinking the chip is either messed up some how or its from when I had it in the American Wii since I ran 1.1 in it and it's having compatibility issues. (could that even be a problem?) If so, is it possible to "reset" a wiikey?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. EddyB

Member EddyB GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    The wiikey doesnt store anything but wiikey firmware, I suggest you run the wiikey setup disk (v 1.2) from the official website, if this doesnt work I think you should check you soldering. Where did you get your wiikey? It might be a clone.

3. dohclude

Member dohclude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    take it apart and carefully check all of your solder points. You either have a bad connection on one of them, or there is a bridged connection somewhere. Take a look at it through a big magnifying glass and usea small flashlight.

4. Louse76

Member Louse76 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Don't blame this problem on clones. Geez. It worked, then was screwed with and now it doesn't. Nothing having to do with whether its a clone or not.

5. EddyB

Netherlands
    Sorry, didnt read that part close enough. If it did work on the NTSC wii it indeed cant be a clone

6. Sk3pT!kaL
    OP

Newcomer Sk3pT!kaL Member

United States
    We went back in, took it off and put it back in using a wired solution this time.. It still doesn't work. So I'm just assuming it's fried or something and I already ordered a new chip.

7. EddyB

Netherlands
    Try cleaning your wii's system board and look for any damage or perhaps a bridge