WIIKEY help Point 3 or the fifth pin

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Forest0, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Forest0
    OP

Forest0 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    HI, ok so I was wondering I now know my GC2-D1 706P75CA wii can use wiikey and it seems my pins are intact but now one thing puzzles me.. do I do a normal solder to all 6 points or do I solder to the soldering point 3 or to the fifth pin on the wii like this http://www.wiikeyguide.com/images/WiiKey-I...Diagram-D2B.jpg ?

Thankyou, [​IMG]

2. Richy Freeway

Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2006
    The Wiikey won't work with a D1 as far as I know.

3. Forest0
    OP

Forest0 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    Are you sure?!?! I got a comment that it would work in my last topic.. I mean none of the pins are cut it's got all 6 pints and i bought it last may on the 11th.

4. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    it doesnt matter if it says D1, i need to know if it says D2B or D2C on the smaller chip.

5. Forest0
    OP

Forest0 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    Oh, ok well I'll check that now. but seeing how it has all 6 pints and the points aren't cut I don't think I've got even a D2B

6. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    ok, then just install the wiikey like the manual, use all 6 points.
    on the latest d2b boards nintendo cut the 3 pins and also removed point 3 so wiikey installation is a real pain.
    but its still possible [​IMG]

i suggest using wires for the install.

7. Forest0
    OP

Forest0 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    This is strange.. but I think it's good, You see it says my wii is a D2B.. but all 6 points seem to be where they should be (when I place the wiikey on it) the one thing is point 3 might be just a little bit smaller almost unnoticeable... so should I just wire install and if the whole thing and if that doesn't work re solder to pin 5 instead of point 3?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice