Hacking Wiikey group is getting lazy.

mslugx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When is the new upgrade coming. It supposes to be v1.2. Now all you see on their website is dealing with conterfeit products. This made me wonder if they are a group that just want to earn money but never care about customers.

mslugx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly. Is the detection is really what customers need or they need in order to secure their profit. They can do that feature in v1.3 instead of postpond v1.2 There are some issues with wiikey right now. They said 100% compatiable in NTSC region, but there are two games that are not running. They missed their prority.

richardfong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to say i diagree. The wiikey team need to prioritise anti-cloning to ensure there are in fact future wiikey releases. There won't be any if they're out of business!

mslugx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they need to put the upgrade for anti-cloning, but should they do this in a hurry. What image does it give to the modchip community? not frustrated, still happy about this product, but i am afraid this group will dump us in the future.

mslugx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NTSC is not even compatiable 100% yet, yet PAL version games are not even 90%. I am pretty sure the nintendo is going to remedy the console and we need them to upgrade the chip for us.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
eventually the teams will stop releasing news and updates for thier chips because they'll be nothing left for them to update....honestly, after the next update happens they'll be nothing left to add.

Well actually, theres still PAL territory to be worked on... not even 50% NTSC games work, so maybe they could have a little more attention to us PAL users.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree with all the above, They might be lazy but im happy to play pal backups for the time being... If it was imports i was worried about id buy a Jap or US Wii
biggrin.gif

indiraider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I'm really pissed that I can't run original or copies of audio-streaming games. They advertise audio-fix but there is a huge bug that prevents me from playing a bunch of popular gamecube games. Lots of people have this issue too and are pissed off like I am that they are not fixing or at least one of their advertised features has a bug.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah ihave a couple of USA games that i downloaded by accident and wont play on my pal wii.

HOWEVER, i think its very unfair of wiikey to release an update which might not work on clones because like a lot of people, i bought and installed what i thought to be a original wiikey and only discovered after installin that it was a clone (works fine though).

Im just wondering if they are holding off the update because the wiikey team want to delay people as long as possible from turning to clones if infact they do properly update.

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think it is fair if the Wiikey team released an update that will not work on the clones chip. A good example. If you bought a pirated games (without even realizing that it is a pirated version), will it be unfair to you if the updates of the game does not work on your copy? The developer of the game (in this case Wiikey) has every right to do that. Now the problem is not the Wiikey team, it is your reseller. Blame them for selling clones and ask for refunds or whatever if you are afraid that the future Wiikey update will not work on your clone Wiikey.

yeah ihave a couple of USA games that i downloaded by accident and wont play on my pal wii.

HOWEVER, i think its very unfair of wiikey to release an update which might not work on clones because like a lot of people, i bought and installed what i thought to be a original wiikey and only discovered after installin that it was a clone (works fine though).

Im just wondering if they are holding off the update because the wiikey team want to delay people as long as possible from turning to clones if infact they do properly update.

Burt0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think it is fair if the Wiikey team released an update that will not work on the clones chip. A good example. If you bought a pirated games (without even realizing that it is a pirated version), will it be unfair to you if the updates of the game does not work on your copy? The developer of the game (in this case Wiikey) has every right to do that. Now the problem is not the Wiikey team, it is your reseller. Blame them for selling clones and ask for refunds or whatever if you are afraid that the future Wiikey update will not work on your clone Wiikey.

I totally agree with you mustnap.

HOWEVER, i think its fucking stupid to see people posting here whining about the updates not working on their clone. How about next time you do some research? Then you would of know only to buy from official resellers.

You (Redsquirrel) deserve everything you get.

wovva

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The clone situation has innocent victims though. I purchased a wiikey with a site telling me it was legit, for a price that legit wiikeys are being sold for, and it was only when it was on its way to me that the site told me it was 'likely' to be a clone.

I've not installed it, and I've probably chucked perfectly good money away.

Burto - again it's this odd honour amongst thieves. You're talking about a chip that enables pirated material, but somehow pirating the chip that enables pirating is more wrong than playing isos and redsquirrel deserves everyting he gets.

It's an odd value system.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The clone situation has innocent victims though. I purchased a wiikey with a site telling me it was legit, for a price that legit wiikeys are being sold for, and it was only when it was on its way to me that the site told me it was 'likely' to be a clone.

I've not installed it, and I've probably chucked perfectly good money away.

send it back or ask for a discount.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1