Wiikey GCOS issue need help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ih8crouch, Jun 13, 2007.

Jun 13, 2007
  1. ih8crouch
    OP

Member ih8crouch GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yo, ive just burnt a multigame disk using GCOS...the disk isnt being recognised by my wii, i have only updated with the original wiikey 1.0 setup disk...would 1.1 or 1.2 make any difference here? ive burnt 1.2 but the iso was only about about 8 meg and the wii didnt recognise this either do i need to install 1.1? id just burn one off but ive very few disk's left at the moment and may have just wasted one on this GCOS disk [​IMG]

Cheers

2. ih8crouch
    OP

United Kingdom
    Bit of investigation i relise that 1.0 and 1.1 are the same except you can use the reset button instead of the control etc...but concerning setupdisk 1.2 should it be only 7.5 meg? my wii doesnt register the disk. it seems a waste of a dvd at that size

3. Seraph

Member Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The iso should be 4,699,979,776 bytes...I haven't used GCOS yet, so I can't really help you on that problem...

4. ih8crouch
    OP

United Kingdom
    The GCOS issue might be sorted if i can boot up 1.2 because i think i can use the GCOS on that....ive just used the filechop program that is in the folder but i cant seem to manage to change the iso size to the size u suggested ie....ive just used the command

filechop bootdisc.us.iso 4699979776 but that produces and error

i tryed to convert it to the gamecube iso size ie...

filechop bootdisc.us.iso 1425760000 and that worked and i now have a cube sized image

do ppl think if i burn this it will work??

5. Seraph

United States
    I think you are supposed to use the BootableDisc_US MS-DOS Batch File...

6. ih8crouch
    OP

United Kingdom
    i have but for some reason it outputs it as a 7.5 meg file no matter what i do...i used the commands above to change size the outputted file from the batch file

7. Seraph

United States
    The BootableDisc_US file should be in the main folder, not the "bootdisc" folder. When you open it it should automatically make the iso for you. There should also be BootableDisc_JAP and BootableDisc_PAL files in the same folder.

8. ih8crouch
    OP

United Kingdom
    Idiot is what i am..step 1. the bat file creates the iso which is 7.5 meg...step 2. the bat file runs filechop on the iso which increases the size to 4699979776...the burk that i am doesnt have 4699979776 in space on my hard drive which is why it seemed like it was working as it produced the origional 7.5 meg iso but then didnt have the room to increase its size which is why it bugs out and stays at 7.5 meg...Just ran the bat file on my other hard drive and hey presto a 4699979776 bite image is born.

Thanks for your help im gonna go cry in a corner now the fool i am!!!!