Wiikey from Divineo.cn not working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by woof, Mar 21, 2007.

Mar 21, 2007
  1. woof
    OP

Newcomer woof Newbie

United States
    Just installed a wiikey I bought from Divineo.CA China. Looks like a real one. Used wires., All of the connections are bright and tight w/ no leakage (per meter and 20X loop) Plays the install disk, sometimes, part ways and then crashes. Will not play back up disks. Original disks play fine. Bad chip? Suggestions? – Thanks in advance

2. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    Please tell us the Brand of your DVD media used, the program you burned them with and the speed you burned them at.

Crappy Discs + Fast Speed = Dead Games

The Setup disc may have worked because its only like 4MB of real data.

PS: My WiiKey came from Divineo.

3. NeptuneX11

Newcomer NeptuneX11 Member

United States
    Divineo isn't on Wiikey's official dealers list right now. So either Divineo is an official seller and the site hasn't added them yet or it's a fake, in which case I'm sorry to hear that

4. GamerzInc

Member GamerzInc GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Divineo.cn is no fake, I've ordered my chip from there as well as many other products and all are working fine.

Recheck your wires then try different media. My wires were loose which caused my drive to stop spinning sometimes, after going back all is now perfect.

5. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    Divineo isn't an official reseller...they get it wholesale from someone else.

6. woof
    OP

Newcomer woof Newbie

United States
    Hi, sorry - I used TDK disks burned from .ISO files @ 2.4X. Burned the install four times 2@ 2.4X and 2@ 4X. Also tried Red Steel back up @ 2.4X and 4X

7. woof
    OP

Newcomer woof Newbie

United States
    Also, used Nero to burn disks. Solder joints look like an electronics manual. Chip was black taped

8. Soybomb

Newcomer Soybomb Advanced Member

I'd try different media. Get some verbatim disks and see what happens. Cheap media sucks for everything.

9. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    Don't listen to all the people around here that say to burn at the slowest speed possible, because it's a bunch of bollocks. The best speed depends on the media and your burner.
    My advice: Burn at the rated speed (and use good media obviously).

I've got a ton of Gamecube backups, the few that I burnt at 4x get DREs every so often (on my modded GC), the ones I burnt at 8x work perfectly.

10. woof
    OP

Newcomer woof Newbie

United States
    I bought some Verbatim disks and that 100% fixed the problem. Wiikey Works fine now. Thanks so much for your help, Renegade_R, Soybomb & Dirtie.

Think the only thing I could offer to the group is the suggestion that folks buy an Optivisor with a No. 10 (3X) lens. They cost about $28 and are exactly the thing you need for soldering small contacts, finding broken traces etc. I’ll drop Divineo.cn a note saying I’ve resolved the problem. Incidentally, they told me there would be no problem to return the chip if I determined it was DOA…so they are OK in my book – thanks again. Woof!

11. isamux

Member isamux Advanced Member

Japan
    I also bought from them and I thought, I installed it twice.

1.st was the hybrid quick wire method. I was careful and when it was all done I loaded it up and tried an original, great! I didn't screw it up, then a tried a backup and got nothing, then tried a gamecube backup and got nothing (I never thought about testing the setup disc at that time...) I was using DVD-R at that time all were burnt at 2.4x (Ricoh, on a LaCie drive)

SO I opened it up, checked the points and re-did it with a wire install. Same thing, I was like... crap! now what, so for the heck of it I tried burning the DVD-R at 8x and nothing, then I thought heck I have to use the setup disc, I also had some DVD+R, i burnt at 8x with auto bitsetting to DVDROM and it worked! I was so happy, then I tried a game burnt on DVD+R at 8x and again works! I have never had a problem yet with US games or JAP games (cept for the ones that everyone says are not working)

So to make a long post short, don't give up, try some +R's and burn at whatever rated speed the disc/burner is at.

(oops, I didn't see that you already fixed the problem... sorry, but here's the post anyways [​IMG])