OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
H Guys,

My Wiikey in my Wii is working fine no problems. Running MP3 NTSC-U(No double channels). Just wanted to
get your opinions.

I know you can change the DVD-R Speed between 3x and 6x (noisy or quiet) but what is the difference? Does the slower
speed make your laser last longer???

I use TDK Dvd-R burnt on 16x with a pioneer dvd burner

I have seen a lot of people with wiikeys in their wii with burnt out lasers. Some say its because they have a wiikey... Mine
is a wii with 3 pins cut out (Not a launch day wii).

Just want your opinions on trying to work out the best settings and not kill my wii laser
smile.gif

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
NEVER BURN AT 16X!!! *Shame on you!*

The Wii games just love to be burned att 2,4X in IMGBurn.

A tip also is to insert the wiikey cd and change the DVD-Speed (Read in Wii-dvd) to 3x since its ALOT better on reading. 6x just makes a lot of clicking noice for me and takes longer to load.

Try 3x in Wiikey settings, and burn att 2,4x speed (yes 2,4x is an option in IMGBurn) with IMGBurn.

That should do it, else get Verbatim DVD-Rs works flawless =)

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not necessarily true.

to find what speed is good for you, you should be using a tool to check for pie/pif. seeing how you have a pioneer, I believe your burner is capable. A program able to do this is nero cd-dvd speed. goto the disc quality tab and do a scan. You'll need to do some research or experiment to find what read speed works right for you.

aim for pie < 280 and pif < 4 as max's if possible.

you can do a test burn at your speed (for instance 16x) so you have a curve to compare speed to errors/failures with, so you know what you should cut back on.

a lot of newer 16x media has shown to test better for pie/pif when burned at 6-12x, and 2.4x or 4x actually can sometimes result in more errors.

PaulieD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Guys,

I always use good media and a good burner with ImgBurn. I have burnt all
my games at auto but I think it only burns at around 12x it says in ImgBurn.

I've never got any DRE's am I just lucky? Burning with errors doesn't affect game play/sound does it? Just DRE's....

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you burn a game and it has errors, then the game will likely freeze at some point or another.

IMO, even burning at 4.1x I have experienced some bad burns (2 to be exact). Once on the PS2 with Madden 06 and once with the Wii version of Madden 08.

Hmm.... coincident? I THINK NOT!

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Where do you guys get this stuff?:

"I have seen a lot of people with wiikeys in their wii with burnt out lasers."

"The Wii games just love to be burned att 2,4X in IMGBurn."

Bah.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've burned all my most recent wii games on my new pioneer burner at x16 and never had any problems. I've also stuck to x6 with the speed. I've never noticed it being any more noisy than playing an original.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1