Hacking WiiKey delayed again

modmanwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update Feb 25, 2007 Status: They have extended their testing of this product, which delayed their shipments to us; not weeks just by a couple more days.
Due to the demand the pre-orders new ETA is approx. Feb 27, 2007

apparently this will affect all resellers, we will see

who didnt see this coming, heh

they said they were getting their chips today, but its a sunday, dont think thats possible.

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
update Feb 25, 2007 Status: They have extended their testing of this product, which delayed their shipments to us; not weeks just by a couple more days.
Due to the demand the pre-orders new ETA is approx. Feb 27, 2007

apparently this will affect all resellers, we will see

who didnt see this coming, heh

they said they were getting their chips today, but its a sunday, dont think thats possible.

prob lose alot of sales due to release of Chiip, and soon Wiip. preordered wiikey myself but thinking about canceling it and building a chiip.

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All these delays are making me sad
frown.gif

modmanwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will be worth it if this is the last delay

atleast theyve showin pics of the chips being shipped on wiikey.cn

obviously foundmy isnt going to get their chips on a sunday, and wiikey said themselves chip wouldnt be shipped until this weekend and resellers wont recieve them until early/midweek of this week.

hopefully the resellers dont take too long getting their orders shipped, or maybe theyll upgrade shipping methods to compensate for the delays
smile.gif

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
granted the wiikey gets the nod of approval via reviews its definately the best chip you can get, unless you got the skills to make your own... i dont... if the wiikey gets slammed, c'mon wiinja v2! and in the future if wiip really takes off ill be buying and putting that in!

thekid

Trophies
XP
Country
I ALLREADY ORDERED WIIKEY BOT NOW SINCE regionfree patcher has come out thinking of cancelling that order bang in a wiinja v2 and using the regionfree patcher . what u think guys

Fazered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ten Quid ($20) sounds like a bargain if it saves me having to patch every game and not knowing if it was the rom or the patching and wasting time and DVDs.

If one of the open source chips add these features then I'd probably go for them. If it's a commercial chip then at the moment I'm going for Wiikey.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Ten Quid ($20) sounds like a bargain if it saves me having to patch every game and not knowing if it was the rom or the patching and wasting time and DVDs.

If one of the open source chips add these features then I'd probably go for them. If it's a commercial chip then at the moment I'm going for Wiikey.
I'm sure the open source chips will support on-the-fly patching very soon. I agree that on-the-fly patching is preferable to patching the ISO/disc. Best to keep the ISOs/discs 'pure' I think. For example, I'd like to keep burnt NTSC-U discs unpatched so that the same disc will work on both a PAL console and an NTSC console if I got one in the future.

Presto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
Wiikey shipped over the weekend. Eurasia is located closer to the source so they have the chips already. Foundmy is based in Canada and ships out of California so you have to figure in shipping/customs time from the manufacturer.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes but they didnt say that, they posted that wiikey had to run some more tests and thats why the delay was according to foundmy. While at the same time eurasia was sending me my wiikeys already!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: What and it's not loaded with illegal roms?