WiiKey config dvd problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Samutz, Jul 8, 2007.

Jul 8, 2007

WiiKey config dvd problem by Samutz at 1:25 AM (665 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Samutz
    OP

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    It seems after I burn a Wiikey disc, it stops working after about a week.
    Basically, after hitting start on the disc channel, it'll give me a black screen then reboot the Wii.
    So I'm burning my 5th disc today so I can get my latest games backed up.
    And it's only the Wiikey disc that's been doing this. All of my Wii and GC burned discs are still working fine.

Is there any known fix for this?
    I've been using Memorex DVD-Rs, but trying an imation DVD-R right now since I ran out of Memorex today.

Also can someone point me in the direction I need to learn how to use dols on the Wii?
    I'd like to have a disc with just the dvddump.dol since I don't use anything else on the Wiikey disc. And maybe this disc won't screw up like Wiikey's disc.

2. WrathofGod

Member WrathofGod GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you could always try a re-writtable disc [​IMG]

3. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
  4. dirtycarrot

Newcomer dirtycarrot Advanced Member

Australia
    Grab some Taiyo Yuden's. Problem solved [​IMG] Unless you burned your old GC and wii games on the same batch of memorex dvd's...

The wiikey would use the same mechanism to read the dvd's as the Wii does, so I don't see that being a problem.

I had a problem with xbox dvd's a fair while ago, and the *real* problem turned out to be that my dvd burner's laser had worn out too much. Replacing the dvd drive (it was an internal one on a vaio laptop) fixed the problem.