Hacking WiiKey clones?

squeakypants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems WiiKeys go for about $35-$40, while the clones and thet WiiKit go for about $10. I wanted to know if there's any problem with the clones; any reason to get the real WiiKey besides just to support them. The WiiKit also has the wires built in; is this a problem in any way, or does it not make a difference (besides that now you don't need to get wires)?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've installed 1 clone from dealextreme and it worked fine.

but since they're out of stock now i stick to using the original wiikey with hologram sticker and gold solder pads.
It's also easier to quicksolder, the points are better located on the wiikey itself so its a perfect fit on the wii dvd drive solder points.

squeakypants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea but the WiiKey is 4x as much as a WiiKit. INTERNETS, which did you use? I want to make sure that the WiiKit works flawlessly.

bobshock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my wii workes perfectly fine with wiikeyclone. i bought a modded wii-console at "konsolenchips.de" and they gave me 2 years guarantee. no problems at all.

INTERNETS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea but the WiiKey is 4x as much as a WiiKit. INTERNETS, which did you use? I want to make sure that the WiiKit works flawlessly.

I've never heard of WiiKit. But, I used a noted WiiKey clone with its serial code sanded off. A post-death biopsy found that one of the soldering points had been bridged with an on-board resistor.

So, really, the cause of death was some shoddy machine soldering.

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
used severl wiikey and also a few clones, all worked in exactly the same way, the clones looked a tiny bit shabbier but they worked fine. and i got them for $4 each

wii_ownz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the wiikey teams should be supported, face the fact, they brought us the xenogc and a close to perfect chip.

there may be one problem though, if that is if the wiikey team releases an update in the future, it will not update on clone chips.

for people that are finding the legit wiikeys a bit pricey, look to foundmy, they have a sale going on, all legit and for a great price.

I personally haven't used a clone chip but heard from lots that it works just like the original.

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Im not a supporter of things cloned, i have an original wiikey in my machine and fit a few in friends machines which were originals too.

I received a free wiikey clone, which looked pretty well made, only a couple of very minor differences.

I thought i would install it in my spare wii just to try, assuming that it wouldnt work as well and neither would the Wiikey 1.2 setup disc work.

Everything Worked fine, Played a few hours non stop of re4, mario strikers multiplayer then some wii sports (used a DVD+R copy) with a bunch of friends and all worked fine, no issues.

Its a shame someone managed to copy the original so soon after release, hopefully 9/10 people go for the wiikey original in appreciation and peace of mind.

Considering the fact that the wiikey original is the price of just one single original game, if i didnt get the wiikey clone free, i would never have considered it as an option, id rather have an original i knew you could trust, but this goes to show, the clone works just as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte