Hardware WiiKey Broken?.

lat00uk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I had my Wii modded about 3 weeks ago and downloaded some Wii dumps to play on it and it was all fine and lovely, really happy with until.................

I was trying out a game the other day and it was working fine, stopped playing, then a couple of days later I had some spare time so thought I would have a quick play, only to my horror none of my DVD/R games will work (originals still work).

So im wondering is my WiiKey broken?.

Anyone else experienced chips not working?.

lat00uk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Totally Negatory. my Wii was lovingly placed where it lives since I got it modded.

Im wondering if it is a loose wire.

Back to the modder's me thinks...

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Here's another member experiencing a non-working chip. Yesterday I gave my Wii and WiiKey to someone who could install the chip for me and had previously chipped 10 consoles with no problems what so ever. Well now I got a phone call from him saying that he's been trying to get my Wii working with the WiiKey all day but it just won't read backups - but all originals still plays fine.

And it doesn't seem to have anything to do with my chip, because he then unsoldered it and used one of his own only to find that the problem was still there: originals yes, backups no (not even the WiiKey Setup Disc).

frown.gif

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'd say bad connection or a solder point has come loose, mine had this problem when I first got it modded so I took it back and they redid it and it works great.
Well my friend redid it three times and still no success - and this is the first time he's experienced the problem... Funny thing is that my Wii is also his first NTSC-console, not that it should matter...

dirtycarrot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd say bad connection or a solder point has come loose, mine had this problem when I first got it modded so I took it back and they redid it and it works great.

Well my friend redid it three times and still no success - and this is the first time he's experienced the problem... Funny thing is that my Wii is also his first NTSC-console, not that it should matter...
I'd say he was referring to the OP's post
smile.gif

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

I'd say he was referring to the OP's post
smile.gif
Yup, just trying to get some attention here because a lot of people tend not to read any replies below the OP's post
happy.gif

Anyhow I've asked my friend to reset my Wii by formatting the memory and erase all downloads, then try again. Just might help...

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has he tried putting another chip in it just to be safe? Maybe it is the chip, I have done over 150 Wii's and never had this issue.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Has he tried putting another chip in it just to be safe? Maybe it is the chip, I have done over 150 Wii's and never had this issue.
If you're asking me that question - yes, here's a quote from what I said earlier today:

"And it doesn't seem to have anything to do with my chip, because he then unsoldered it and used one of his own only to find that the problem was still there: originals yes, backups no (not even the WiiKey Setup Disc)."

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

If you're asking me that question - yes, here's a quote from what I said earlier today:

"And it doesn't seem to have anything to do with my chip, because he then unsoldered it and used one of his own only to find that the problem was still there: originals yes, backups no (not even the WiiKey Setup Disc)."
Sorry to have missed that - I have had that happen before when two points were bridged by the guy who brought it to me. Has he checked all the points carefully? I assume he would have given the experience you stated. Also, try formatting with the battery out twice in a row, that may fix it. Finally, perhaps try another region WiiKey update disc? Although I am not sure how the region settings would have been altered to begin with, but I know I have had all sorts of issues with region when doing WiiFree mods (no problems with the WiiKey unless the solder job is bad or points bridged though).

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
*sniff* Well that's it - we've tried just about everything but my Wii refuses to play any backups, so I'm giving up for now :/ Considering getting another chip like the Wiinja...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?