Hacking Wiikey Block Updates Question

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

I have a wiikey in my pal wii with 3.2e.
I have run the wiikey config disc and selected "block updates" then saved the settings.
I install a game that i know contains an update and the wii wants to install the update.
Has anyone got this block updates feature working 100%?
I know i can use wii brick blocker which i do but i was just curious.

Cheers

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't get an update for any game if you're using Brick Blocker. Make sure you have the latest version from GBATemp's Download section. But unless you running Homebrew, then any Wii Update doesn't matter to you cuz drive chips are undetectable by Nintendo. I have a Wiikey, running 1.9s and all I have to do is run Brick Blocker v1.3R2 on my ISOs. Download: Wii Brick Blocker V1.3R2 I probably have the "Block Updates" feature enabled but is not 100% reliable so make sure you use Brick Blocker V1.3R2.

Good Luck, Jon

That's true, Mario Power Tennis (Wii version) contains the 3.4x update. I'm in the USA, and it wouldn't work for me unless I RegionFrii'd it and Brick Blocked. I didn't get any update, but I'm running 3.4U.

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So what your saying is that the wiikey block update feature is crap and not working 100%.
Yes i do use wii brick blocker but was just curious to see if others have that feature working.

Cheers

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do believe when I first got my Wii chipped, the WiiKey's "Block Updates" feature was enabled but when I put Mario Strikers in, I did get an update. So no, it does not fully work. Brick Blocker is the BEST method out there for hard mods.

Jon

henkje.doc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jonjon95 said:
I do believe when I first got my Wii chipped, the WiiKey's "Block Updates" feature was enabled but when I put Mario Strikers in, I did get an update. So no, it does not fully work. Brick Blocker is the BEST method out there for hard mods.

Jon

Even if you enable also de Dev Mode with the 1.9s config disc?
I tried the Wiikey Block Update option and it worked with a new game like GhostBusters. Without both options on (Dev mode and Block update) the game required an update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.