Wiikey black screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by noomeng, Mar 15, 2007.

1. noomeng
    OP

noomeng Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2006
    [​IMG] I have a wiikey'd US wii that doesn't play PAL backups. THe disc would load, but only up until when i click START, the screen turns black and just hangs. Could this possibly be a result of poor soldering job? I really don't think it's the media since my other NTSC backups work fine :/

2. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
  3. noomeng
    OP

noomeng Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2006
    hmm.. according to the compatibility list, the only PAL game i tried and shouldn't be able to play is Marvel Ultimate Alliance; the other PAL games I have are not listed. I 'll see how it goes with Rayman and Tigerwoods PALs, then i'll know for sure if my system has a problem. It's no biggie really. I can still play NTSC-J and USA backups OK, but i'd like to know if the solder guy did a good job for what i paid or not. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Just wondering, has anyone else with USA wii run PAL games? Did you encounter any problems?

4. darkstryker

darkstryker Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2007
    United States
    i'm having the same problem....
    ppl saying how this dvd media that i'm using is no good
    and the burning speed....

5. dsbomb

dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2007
    United States
    Illinois, USA
    Add what you test to the wiki, that's what it is for. Pal games on US Wiis seem to be real touchy.

6. TheCheekyMonkey

TheCheekyMonkey Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2007
    Hvae you patched the game, or set the region with the config disc?

doubtful its a soldering problem, nothing would work, or all games would be problematic.