Wiikey, Audiofix not working?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jezz, Mar 22, 2007.

Mar 22, 2007

Wiikey, Audiofix not working? by jezz at 6:07 PM (940 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. jezz

Newcomer jezz Newbie

May 9, 2006
    United States
    I installed my Wiikey by a wire install and everything went very smoothly, give or take confusing a few screws while reassembling it. I've checked the install since then and everything is properly arranged--the wires go to the right places and there are no shorts, and I'm particularly proud of this soldering job over most of my others. The chip is also not a clone.

I do not possess any backups of Wii games to run right now, but I do have two Gamecube backups from "the old days."

Wii originals run as before the chip, as do Gamecube originals.

My concern is that my Gamecube backups do not work remotely well. I can certainly get in game, and can certainly play around, however at the first boss in Ikaruga I get the infamous "Please refer to your owners manual" message. The menu and game music of Crazy Taxi are totally scratchy and heinous as well. I do not know the cause of these problems. I've re-burned my images with a Pioneer DVR-112D on RITEKG05 media (burned at 8x), so I trust that it's not the burned media. Just in case I've also checked several discs burned from my friends burners. They all freeze at the same point in Ikaruga.

Does anyone have any insight into any of this rubbish that has befallen my Wii? Could it be a defective Wiikey? I've run the Setup Disc 1.0 and it runs fine and allows me to change various settings, however when I go back to see if the settings have been set they remain as they appeared before (though the DVD speed changes). My current settings are running at 6x, Region Override is off, and Audiofix is on.
  2. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

Feb 14, 2007
    United Kingdom
    this is a problem with wiikey from what I have read, the following games with audio streaming will not work correctly:

Ace Golf (Swinger's Golf)
    007 Agent Under Fire
    Alien Hominid
    Amazing Island
    Bloody Roar Primal Fury
    Bomberman Generations
    Crash Bandicoot
    Crazy Taxi
    Dakar 2
    Darkened Skye
    Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
    Dragonball Z Sagas
    Dragon's Lair 3D
    Dream Mix TV World Fighters
    Eternal Darkness
    Freestyle Metal-X
    Go Go Hypergrind
    GT Cube
    Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters
    Harvest Moon (in certain areas)
    Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    Lost Kingdoms
    Lotus Challenge
    Mario Kart Bonus Disc
    Master Quest
    Monster Jam Destruction
    MX Superfly
    Naruto 1,2,3
    Pool Paradise
    Pro Rally
    Red Faction 2
    Resident Evil 4 Preview Disc (w/ RE4 Demo)
    Speed Kings
    Splinter Cell: Pandora's Tomorrow
    Summoner: A Goddess Reborn
    Super Monkey Ball
    Tak And The Power Of Juju
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
    Top Gun: Combat Zone
    Universal Studios:Theme Park Adventure
    Urban Freestyle Soccer
    Virtua Striker 3 Ver. 2002
    Wave Race: Blue Storm
    Worms Blast
    XG3 Extreme G Racing
    Zelda: Bonus Disc (with Ocarina of Time)
    Zoids Battle Legends

some user experiencing these problems stated

3. jezz

Newcomer jezz Newbie

May 9, 2006
    United States
    I'm not the least bit bothered that I just did a lot of extra work to check on nothing.

Thank you sekhu. I'm going to now go and download something not on that particular list of games... Here's hoping for some sort've fix regarding this functionality, be it new firmware or something else.

To sum up this topic:

Some chips don't work well with games that require the "audio fix."
  4. Malboro

Newcomer Malboro Advanced Member

Apr 27, 2006
  5. pandas0nic

Member pandas0nic GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2007
    United Kingdom
    awesome, a new version of GCOS, will test and try, might be nice if you could say which games this new version fixed for you Malboro... I will also test and report later.