Hacking Wiikey, Audiofix not working?

jezz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed my Wiikey by a wire install and everything went very smoothly, give or take confusing a few screws while reassembling it. I've checked the install since then and everything is properly arranged--the wires go to the right places and there are no shorts, and I'm particularly proud of this soldering job over most of my others. The chip is also not a clone.

I do not possess any backups of Wii games to run right now, but I do have two Gamecube backups from "the old days."

Wii originals run as before the chip, as do Gamecube originals.

My concern is that my Gamecube backups do not work remotely well. I can certainly get in game, and can certainly play around, however at the first boss in Ikaruga I get the infamous "Please refer to your owners manual" message. The menu and game music of Crazy Taxi are totally scratchy and heinous as well. I do not know the cause of these problems. I've re-burned my images with a Pioneer DVR-112D on RITEKG05 media (burned at 8x), so I trust that it's not the burned media. Just in case I've also checked several discs burned from my friends burners. They all freeze at the same point in Ikaruga.

Does anyone have any insight into any of this rubbish that has befallen my Wii? Could it be a defective Wiikey? I've run the Setup Disc 1.0 and it runs fine and allows me to change various settings, however when I go back to see if the settings have been set they remain as they appeared before (though the DVD speed changes). My current settings are running at 6x, Region Override is off, and Audiofix is on.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this is a problem with wiikey from what I have read, the following games with audio streaming will not work correctly:

Ace Golf (Swinger's Golf)
007 Agent Under Fire
Alien Hominid
Amazing Island
Bloody Roar Primal Fury
Bomberman Generations
Crash Bandicoot
Crazy Taxi
Dakar 2
Darkened Skye
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Dragonball Z Sagas
Dragon's Lair 3D
Dream Mix TV World Fighters
Eternal Darkness
Freestyle Metal-X
Go Go Hypergrind
GT Cube
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters
Harvest Moon (in certain areas)
Ikaruga
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Lost Kingdoms
Lotus Challenge
Mario Kart Bonus Disc
Master Quest
Monster Jam Destruction
MX Superfly
Naruto 1,2,3
Pool Paradise
Pro Rally
Red Faction 2
Resident Evil 4 Preview Disc (w/ RE4 Demo)
Speed Kings
Splinter Cell: Pandora's Tomorrow
Starfox
Summoner: A Goddess Reborn
Super Monkey Ball
Tak And The Power Of Juju
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Top Gun: Combat Zone
Universal Studios:Theme Park Adventure
Urban Freestyle Soccer
Virtua Striker 3 Ver. 2002
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Worms Blast
XG3 Extreme G Racing
Zelda: Bonus Disc (with Ocarina of Time)
Zoids Battle Legends

some user experiencing these problems stated

QUOTE said:
My theory about these 3 (and I think theres one more that people on other forums have mentioned) is that they are all audiostream games. So possibly the Wiikey (or other chips, not sure) have bad audiofix functionality.

someone else and myself figured the following:

QUOTEStealth mode yeah, just means its a drive chip which tells the Wii its reading an original disc and is undetectable as such by the unit, but at the same time all the disc booting routines are passed through the Wiikey which means if the Wiikey doesen't support certain shit, being a drive chip, then the game wont give no love even if its an original, bcoz its the Wiikey calling the shots on what to boot and not the original Wii disc read/boot routine itself.

They should have made it in such a way so that the chip discerns A) that if its an original disc and B) of same region, it should = a pass through of no patching done, and leave to boot using the original Wii routines... That should have been a base structure for all modchip code, and if not at worst a disable function would be nice to bypass these errors.

jezz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not the least bit bothered that I just did a lot of extra work to check on nothing.

Thank you sekhu. I'm going to now go and download something not on that particular list of games... Here's hoping for some sort've fix regarding this functionality, be it new firmware or something else.

To sum up this topic:

Some chips don't work well with games that require the "audio fix."

Malboro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
GCOS solved all my GC game problems on Wiikey
smile.gif

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=53005

pandas0nic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
awesome, a new version of GCOS, will test and try, might be nice if you could say which games this new version fixed for you Malboro... I will also test and report later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.