Hacking WiiKey and Xenoblade

animusdx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, I dl'd Xenoblade awhile ago and I've gotten a headache trying to get this to work. Since I haven't been playing much Wii stuff lately until Xenoblade interested me I hadn't updated my firmware.

I finally updated my WiiKey firmware to 1.99 with Region Override on as well as Update Blocker. But every time I try to get Xenoblade to run, it does not. I've downloaded 2 different images, patched them with RegionFrii and WiiBrickBlocker but it STILL does not work. And to make sure the ISOs aren't faulty they run fine on Dolphin (but since I don't have a powerful enough computer to run it smoothly emulating is not an option).

Need some halp plx! My wii is 4.1U btw.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your IOS files are likely out of date (or missing entirely). Run sysCheck and paste the results here. To update your Wii's IOS files, follow this guide and skip to the part titled Update to 4.2. ModMii is a viable alternative.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have version 1.0.7 or 1.0.8 of the Homebrew Channel installed on your Wii, then it is safe to update through normal means via your wireless internet connection, especially since you only rely on your modchip and not a cIOS. If you do not even have the Homebrew Channel installed, which is what it is sounding like, then I suggest you install it before updating.

Edit: Upon further pondering, I realize that since you have a modchip, then having backups of one of the following games should not be a problem for you, and you will still be able to conveniently install the Homebrew Channel on your 4.3 Wii if it ever comes to that. Keep in mind, however, that region-free gaming will be broken if you update to 4.3. Installing the Homebrew Channel and Priiloader will allow you to restore region-free gaming.

QUOTE said:
- Super Smash Brothers Brawl, US/Japanese Wii's ONLY.
- Lego Indiana Jones, US/Europe Wii's ONLY.
- Yu-Gi-OH 5D's Wheelie Breakers, All Wii's.
- LEGO Batman, All Wii's.
- Lego Star Wars

animusdx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrm, I haven't actually tried any of those games. The only one I've tried so far is Xenoblade which is only release in Japan. And yeah, I don't have the Homebrew Channel installed either. Since my Wii is only on 4.1U atm and I still can't get this game to work, it might actually be the version.

But if I were to update to 4.3 and lose region-free gaming it might suck since I can't even get it to work on 4.1 that supposedly should allow my current Wii Key to run it.

I still don't know what's wrong, I've wasted close to 10 discs trying to get this game to work.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try and get hold of an SD card, because updating your IOS files should do the trick without having to update to 4.3. Likewise, if you have the Homebrew Channel installed, you can try loading it through NeoGamma and a custom IOS as a matter of troubleshooting.

If you really can't find an SD card lying around the house in a digital camera or something, and you really don't feel like buying one, see if you can borrow one. Once you have the Homebrew Channel and IOS58 installed onto your Wii, you can run homebrew from a USB drive instead of the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: GM all