xiaNaix

OP
Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
I've posted it over at www.wiinewz.com The guys who dumped it claim it's legit. Time will tell.
wink.gif

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've posted it over at www.wiinewz.com  The guys who dumped it claim it's legit.  Time will tell. 
wink.gif

What does it actually mean??

That more clones will come out? "or" that we will be able to reprogram our own chips soon?

means both, perhaps i'll give it a go and see.

*Edit*
wonder why they didnt make it easier and have it in .Hex format, anyone remember if AVRdude was able to program bin? i keep wanting to think it does...

gamez2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've posted it over at www.wiinewz.com  The guys who dumped it claim it's legit.  Time will tell. 
wink.gif

That more clones will come out? "or" that we will be able to reprogram our own chips soon?

means both, perhaps i'll give it a go and see.

Woot I always love programming my own chips
biggrin.gif

If anyone can confirm this as working code id love to give it a try. I dont have a spare wii to work on thou
frown.gif

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh avrdude did support bin format, also converted it to hex but havnt shoved it in my wii yet, will let you guys know how it works.

btw anyone want to host the hex file?

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
God i do everything the hard way...

ok the pinouts are different from Chiip and Openwii if you chose to use the PDIP chips, so if you have openwii/chiip you cant just plug it in and expect it to work. will post the pinouts and tell you guys how it works out, atm i just installed the wiikey and started burning the wiikey setup disk, since the eprom should be empty it should be just like out of box wiikey and wont load anything

*Edit*
oh why i do it the hard way is i numbered the pinouts, then i used numbers as reference, but each sets have different numbers... but fixed the issue and wired it correctly i beleive.

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope didnt work for me...

wonder if it is a mod chip dump at all, wont read wii games, wont read wiikey install cd, no gamecube icon just gives disk error "Unable to read the disc. Check the wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

double checked wireing, rebooted wii/unplugged it for a few min but didnt work
programming verified it did program the bin file correctly reprogrammed it and tried again and still no go.
anyhow i tried and didnt work for me, tell me if anyone gets it to work... try it with chiip wiring maybe if not guess i'll try that tomrrrow. please let me know if you try it though so i dont have to do stuff for nothing.

anyone have Chiip or Openwii on Amega8? try writing it and see if it works on chiip or openwii wiring settings, if it does then they dumped chiip or openwii and bsed that it is wiikey. the bin file was indeed in Raw bin format.

seems odd since they didnt dump eprom (that would solve the current wiikey and firmware 3.0 problem just set eprom via programmer and not dvd) eeprom:r:"eeprom.bin":a along the lines of AVRdude when dumping would have dumped eprom also but wonder why they didnt dump it or included it is a mystery to me.

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh heres the pinout i used, this is the pinout for wiikey vs Atmega 8 DIP chips also if wiikey ever does get dumped this is the likely install diagram. took me a few min to make and kinda rough but here it is.

wiikeypinout.jpg

*Edit*
oh and i'm not crazy, wiikey uses the ground on the other side, so VCC and GND (Red and Black) are correct

IGNORE PINOUTS HERE, correct ones are below.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

so it's not the latest firmware update then? but it's still good news because this means that wiikeys source code can be riped off for other modchips and they higly deserve to be exploited and riped off.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm. Im going to see if I can order these chips through work(I work at Jaycar Electronics). If I can I would preyty much give them away to you guys. What type of Atmel is it?

tadeot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I cant see the object to work in this bad chip, now, i think, this wiikey is death, cause right now , the new WII is came with D2C chipset, and this is unmodable with actual chips on the market, then , if you have plans to copy the wiikey, are trashing your money
and i confirm all the actual wiis with serial number 50.000.000 and up, have D2C chip and no 3 cut leggs

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I cant see the object to work in this bad chip, now, i think, this wiikey is death, cause right now , the new WII is came with D2C chipset, and this is unmodable with actual chips on the market, then , if you have plans to copy the wiikey, are trashing your money
and i confirm all the actual wiis with serial number 50.000.000 and up, have D2C chip and no 3 cut leggs
there's no real point in telling us this.. if this means the wiikey can be upgraded to have gamecube fixes and dvd9 this is great. not everyone wants to start a new modchip emperium >< and the wiikey is not "dead"

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, finally got it to work.

after installing it chiip style, i tried wiikey pinouts again while double checking everything, found out that i mis-counted a pin instead of OC1A i used OC1B. also added in the 1k oms, prob for update if wiikey does ever come with a update. the capacitors are prob useless used to smooth the current but wii power source is good enough i say. heres the corrected pinouts + 1k oms resistor place

wiikeypinout-1.jpg

use this diagram instead instead of above post.

the chip responds oddly, it does work like wiikey but unlike wiikey you dont have to set region settings before using it, meaning it loaded a game fresh out of programming the chip without setting region data. it is indeed wiikey i have to say because it accepts wiikey disk setting changes (disk speed does change when it is set. prob region setting also)

also like chiip, most atmega8 should work. but i'd avoid the smd chips since they will be harder to work with if doing hand soldering

i have to say it works as intended. accepts wiikey settings, and works fine in loading games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ughh the C64 version looks almost as bad lol