wiikey 1 with 3.2 Wii - Want to play newest games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by koolmoed, Sep 27, 2009.

Sep 27, 2009
  1. koolmoed
    OP

Newcomer koolmoed Member

United States
    I haven't used my wii in a while. I have a 1.9S Wiikey with BHC 0.7 loaded on my 3.2U will. I see many ways to upgrade my wii.

What is the best way to get my wii to play backups of the new games without any loaders. Just use the disk channel when I put in the game. I have no use to load any emulators.

I found this post: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901, it seems this requires a loader.

Thanks in advance.

2. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    You can use the official upgrades if you have a chip. No nintendo updates have blocked drive-mods and probably never will.

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    This depends if the modchip is a good one or not. Wasn't wiikey the one without 001 handling? Which would lead to 2 possibilities:
    1. Patch 001 in the games + have trucha bug in ALL IOS
    2. use cioscorp(won't work with cIOSrev8, 11, 12 or 14 dip module integrated)

4. legoblocks

Newcomer legoblocks Member

Canada
    If you install the updates from the disk you shouldn't have error 001 or error 002.

5. Kajun

Newcomer Kajun Newbie

Netherlands
    Then there are ones like me, who don't have an official wiikey, but a clone. It does not accept any sort of firmware, and it means that any game needs to be patched for 001 and 002 error.

I had 3.2E until just a few days ago, what I did was the following (in this exact order):
    - Install Bootmii and backup NAND just in case
    - Install cIOS rev14
    - Install cIOS60
    - Use Waninkoko firmware update 4.0
    - Use Waninkoko firmware update 4.1

And like before, I have to patch all backups for 001/002 error. Result: old backups still work fine, new ones also work, with the exception of Wii Sports Resort, which can't be patched with the Generic Wii Patcher v1.2, since it doesn't have the usual byte patterns.

If the opening poster can upgrade his Wiikey, he should probably be fine by doing the things I did...This is probably just one way of doing it.

6. koolmoed
    OP

Newcomer koolmoed Member

United States
    I'm the first poster. It seems the 1.9g for wiikey fixes the 001 problem. I can play mario galaxy backup fine.

If I load the 4.1, what happens to my old games. Does the Truncha Sign stuff cause a problem when trying to use the standard disc channel to load.

7. WiiPower

Germany
    If a modchip can't handle 001, the only way is patching 001, either manually in the .iso or by the backup dip in the IOS.

But there's never a reason anymore to patch 002 in a .iso! (Except you were stupid enough to also IOS Version patch the game...)

If your modchip handles 001 correctly, do not patch games in any way(!!!) and you do not need to worry about firmware or IOS. You may want to use preloader for region free hacks, but only if you want to play import games.

8. Melchizedek

Member Melchizedek GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Why not?

9. rasputin

Member rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    1.9s here too, it handles 001/002 errors just fine, don't start patching games for it as per the advice in this thread

if you just want to play the latest games all you need to do is install the ios the games need

u prob need ios's 38,53,55 and ??56?? or whatever that wii-speak ios number is that GH5 insists on having.... just manually installl them with a wad manager

if u want to go to 4.1, just manually install a patched ios60 and run wanins 4.1 updater (the updater will error if u don't install ios60)... warning never uninstall ios60 while using 4.0/4.1 main menu or brrrrrick!!

10. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    You could always simply just install the newer IOSes manually without the need to update your firmware. Likely ones missing would be IOS 38, 53 and 55 - if you google for them there are ways to download and install separately. Another option would be the initially run the games via Gecko OS which would identify the missing IOSes and ask you if you wanted to install them. You can then revert back to loading via the disc channel once done.

11. WiiPower

Germany
    1. It does not work with every Wii(depends on the installed IOS, and modchip users tend to not understand IOS at all)
    2. It's not necessary
    3. Takes time

Modchip users only need patching if the chip can't handle 001. Or in the combination, import games which do not support the other region video mode + crappy tv(or rgb cable) + "meh, but i want to play from disc channel".

12. Kajun

Newcomer Kajun Newbie

Netherlands
    Wiipower, my modchip can't handle 001 errors, and I can't patch Wii Sports Resort for the 001 error. But I have never heard of the third option, "the backup dip in the IOS" -- could you be so kind as to explain it?

My Wii setup is described here [link].

13. WiiPower

Germany
    backup dip in the IOS ==> Use NeoGamma with a cIOS installed, or cioscorp.

14. Kajun

Newcomer Kajun Newbie

Netherlands
    Ah, I had NeoGamma v7 with cIOSrev14 installed, and it didn't work. I didn't feel quite comfortable installing cioscorp, and didn't do so as a result. But after reading some more, I realized there is another alternative -- that is, patching a game with Waninkoko's IOS patcher. I'll try using that on the ISO, and setting it to use IOS 249. Hopefully, this will work.

Thanks.

15. WiiPower

Germany
    Didn't i say earier, not cIOSrev8,11,12 or 14?
    And IOS Version patching does not touch 001.

16. Kajun

Newcomer Kajun Newbie

Netherlands
    You said not those cIOS versions in combination with cIOScorp; I didn't know it was generalizable.

What would you recommend me to do now? Install downgrade from cIOSrev14 to rev13? Does Neogamma automatically use the most recent cIOS?

17. WiiPower

Germany
    NeoGamma uses IOS249, whatever is installed there. To downgrade the cIOS you need to delete it first, or else you will get -1035. If you don't play SSBB and Metroid, use rev7, else rev13a.

18. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    do you have to install cios rev 14? i want to keep v13 as they removed the 002 error fix.