Hacking wiikey 1.9s + 4.1 wii - reset button help

ng80092a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi again, i've read the previous guides, and have a little idea of how things work with soft mods, but my wii isn't that vulgar
It has a wiikey 1.9s and the reset button doesn't work due to previous experiences with a welder
tongue.gif

so i wanna know, can i softmod it anyway?
will bootmii first install work with a gamecube controller and allow me to backup nand? (cause i dont have reset button)
should i update to 4.2 first or can i play nsmb with 4.1 softmodded? (i prefer something more conservative)
will my wiikey have any influence on that?

thanks for reading

edit: btw conservative = save, future proof, update proof etc i know no one can guarantee that but i'm patient when something new comes around and i prefer to be able to retrieve all back like it was before
by the way, is preloader any better than bootmii?
will a kingston 1gb mini sd card do the job?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes you can use a Softmod.
Simply get (if not already done) bannerbomb and use the hackmii installer with it install HBC and if possible bootmii (the installer will show you if you can install bootmii in boot2 or as IOS on your Wii Bootmii as boot2 is recommended but just read the readme for more explanation).
After HBC installation install cIOS14 (i recommend cIOS14 since cIOS15 can make problems) a alternative is to install herme cIOS (come with his uLoader) especially if you don´t want to patch NSMB or use a Gecko Cheat file.
Get a Disc btw. USB Loader (uLoader can start from Disc or USB but there are many others just try them out) and you are done.

About the SD Card You need to test yourself if your SD Card works or not some have problem others not and about bootmii and preloader, Bootmii as boot2 is just much safer you can control bootmii with the buttons or a with a Gamecube Pad (if you update to 4.2 over the official update it will be overwritten just use one of the unofficial updaters
wink.gif
).

PS: Don´t use Softmii or Softcorp they are just not needed and do install much crap that you will never need.

ng80092a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i read on bootmii faq that those who install it on boot2 can only run bootmii reseting the console, is there a way to run it with a GC pad?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    +1
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    Thank you
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm back. Just really tired.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I'm back. Just really tired.