WiiGator V6 is this latest / How to update

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by new-but-learning, Jan 28, 2009.

1. new-but-learning
    OP

Newcomer new-but-learning Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi, I am new to all of this and have battled through many different examples to set up my Wii with Softmod.

I loaded various bits without much luck but finally seem to have it semi-working, all changes were just added so not sure if there is any old bits still loaded in the firmware.

I finally used Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma and used the WIFI option to collect the required files over the internet.

I believe that I have WiiGator v6 loaded (as this shown on the screen) and my wii is V3.2E.

I managed to get Superman to play using verbatim -r 16 speed disk copied at 3x speed using imgburn.

I tried FIFA08 same settings as above. This gets to the message regarding handset strap and then the Wii freezes and has to be turned off and back on.

Can anyone confirm FIFA 08 works and if it does what various firmware needs to be loaded.

Sorry I am new to this so do not know or understand all the terms used for fthe firmware bits.

I see cIOS is mentioned a lot. Is there a way to check what I have loaded and the versions and can someone advise as to the best versions to have loaded and how can I do that.

Thank you in advance and please keep it simple for a newbie !!!!

2. gameshark

Member gameshark GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
  3. wiigee

Member wiigee GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    or this list where it tells you that you would need to patch the game using waninkokos ios version patcher to run the game on gamma

wiipowers list of fixes

4. new-but-learning
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thank you for the information. I have loked and it says FIFA08 needs patching with Waninkoko's IOS Version patcher to IOS249.

As explained it is very new to me, is this a cIOS I need loaded on the Wii or do I need to do something to the disk before burning.

I am sure I read that backups do not need changing if running on a Wii with only softmod with no Modchip as the cIOS loaded deals with the problem.

5. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Download the IOS version patcher,drag your ISO in it (in the executable),select IOS249, let it run and burn the new Iso

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    The Gamma cIOS (that's rev7) is the latest. To check if you have this installed, you can for example launch SoftChip, set it to IOS249 and look what it says. Or you can (re)install the cIOS with the official Gamma cIOS installer.

7. new-but-learning
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thank you to all replies. I have now managed to get FIFA08 working, I applied the ISO version patcher then burned the file and it worked.

Slowly learning but things do get confussing for newbies so simple easy explanations are of great value, not everyone is a Wizz immediately.

8. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    There are guides all over this forum.

9. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    It's seems to be really difficult to call something by its name. Decryption becomes patching and IOS Version Patcher becomes ISO (version) patcher...

10. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    I do agree with that my friend , and to make things better they will say I installed the ISO for Gamma but after burning all my IOSs it's not loading [​IMG] that is from one of the threads earlier lol