Hacking Wiigator Gamecube Backup Launcher Problem

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. for some reason, every time I boot a gamecube multigame disc in the wii, wiigator's gamecube backup launcher tries to load with an error. the game(s) still work but seeing this screen pop up every time is annoying. my system is both hard-modded and soft-modded btw. the thing is I never installed gamecube backup launcher since I can play the games with my hard-mod. I looked on both the sd card and usb drive and can't find anything that seems to go to the gamecube backup launcher so I have no idea why this error screen keeps appearing...obviously something relating to the backup launcher is causing it...could someone help me with this problem?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
godreborn said:
hello. for some reason, every time I boot a gamecube multigame disc in the wii, wiigator's gamecube backup launcher tries to load with an error. the game(s) still work but seeing this screen pop up every time is annoying. my system is both hard-modded and soft-modded btw. the thing is I never installed gamecube backup launcher since I can play the games with my hard-mod. I looked on both the sd card and usb drive and can't find anything that seems to go to the gamecube backup launcher so I have no idea why this error screen keeps appearing...obviously something relating to the backup launcher is causing it...could someone help me with this problem?

Install the cMIOS from here:
http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

This should allow you to run GC games from the correct region from disc channel. And it does allow to run NeoGamma or Gecko OS mod with their internal GC mode for better import game compatiblity and Ocarina on GC games.

Or just install a clean MIOSv10 for disc channel only use.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, gamecube backups were working with no problem before the backup launcher screen started appearing. it started happening after using pimp my wii. does neogamma or some other homebrew use wiigator's backup launcher when running cube games from the disc channel? btw, the error is something like: failed to read dvd 263.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeah yeah, i can imagine what error you get. Sorry i didn't explain earlier, no time.

You installed a cMIOS with an integrated loader. Everytime your wii switches to GC mode, that loader is executed. To get rid of it, you can either install a clean MIOS, or the cMIOS i told you. The cMIOS has to advantage that it doesn't touch anything disc channel related(except it should allow you to use Action Replay) and also allows you to run GC homebrew.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will installing a clean mios prevent other homebrew from working?

nm...I installed a clean mios, and the backup launcher is gone. all homebrew works so everything is fine now! thanks!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know what you did to delete the backup launcher. But installing a MIOS is not the reason.

And how has this fixed your problem?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hielkenator said:
I don't know what you did to delete the backup launcher. But installing a MIOS is not the reason.

Of course it removed the gamecube backup launcher that showed up, everytime he loaded a gamecube disc in disc channel.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Hielkenator said:

Of course it removed the gamecube backup launcher that showed up, everytime he loaded a gamecube disc in disc channel.

Ah, okay. I misunderstood.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.