WiiGator GameCube Backup Launcher has a black and white screen during gameplay

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Nintendojo97, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Nintendojo97
    OP

Newcomer Nintendojo97 Member

United States
    Hello guys, please ignore my last post. I figured out how to get the launcher working and so I do not need anymore help from anyone on that. But now whenever I insert the disc the screen will turn black and white and will flicker, and then I'll choose a screen type or region type or whatever it is. I hit A for auto detect and the screen stopped flickering but was still black and white. I hit R for 480p, for the type of TV I have, and the Wii stayed on while the screen turned off, only showing the blue screen with "Video 2" in the corner like nothing was plugged in or turned on in that input. Can someone please help me out? And yes I'm a newbie to this so please don't be mean to me about it.

2. themanuel

Member themanuel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Are you trying to launch BCN backup discs because you want to or because you don't know that DiosMios can launch GCN games from SD cards or USB drives?

3. Nintendojo97
    OP

United States
    I am using a DVD-R because I have no room on an SD card and I don't have a USB drive. My Wii menu is 4.3U, by the way. I did figure out why it wasn't working at first, when I had the error, it was because I didn't use the DVDX installer. But now I'm stuck with getting a black and white screen on this game. I haven't tried another game yet, but I am currently in the process of downloading one. But I wanna know first before I waste another DVD what my problem is here. Is it the backup loader or is it just the game region? I wasn't sure about the region it was because the ISO didn't say what it was and I don't remember the site I got it from (I used a torrent site for it). But I don't have another SD card or a USB drive for the DiosMios.

4. themanuel

Member themanuel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    OK. I just asked in case you did not know there were better alternatives.
    As for backup disc loading I would recommend using NeoGamma with the WiiGator cMIOS version recommended in its post.
    WiiPower is the King of Disc Backup Loading, although he seems retired. When I got into it, I followed the instructions in his post and was up and running in minutes, with no problems.
    Make sure you read the part about fst alignment and booktype setting for the disc (DVD-R).

Good luck!

5. Nintendojo97
    OP

United States
    Okay thanks. I will try this out

6. Nintendojo97
    OP

United States
    I tried getting NeoGamma but it seems the links are broken. Are there any other ways to download it?