wiiflow wont detect fat32

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Bladexdsl, Dec 25, 2010.

Dec 25, 2010

wiiflow wont detect fat32 by Bladexdsl at 7:58 PM (5,328 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Bladexdsl
    OP

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    have the drive formatted to fat32 with a wbfs folder. used wii backup manager to transfer ISO to wbfs in the correct folder. started wiiflow...nothing it won't detect the fat32 partition. this is WHY i don't change from wbfs [​IMG]

2. Maurice10

Member Maurice10 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Use ntfs?

3. punkydudester

Newcomer punkydudester Member

United States
    I was having the same problem. I got a WD passport with NTSF on it. Made a partition. Made fat32 active then primary. When you do this you want to make the fat32 at the beginning of the drive so you would shrink the ntsf to the right. So that would show your fat32 as a drive letter before your ntsf one example: fat32 drive G: & NTSF drive H: or later. It doesn't matter what letter as long as the fat32 is listed 1st. If you already did all the work but listed it last at the other end then you go to my computer, manage, disk management & change the drive letter of the NTSF NOT THE FAT32. On my partition my NTSF is 3 gigs & the fat32 is 696. You lose a little for the program it comes with. It will say your NTSF might not work properly but who cares your not going to use it. Then plug it back into the wii & everything should be fine. This happened to me & my brother & it worked for both of us. Hope this helps.

4. IronMask

Member IronMask Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!

United States
    [​IMG]
    If it still doesnt work you may not want do to a fast format on that partition and let it format more proper... but really... fat32's main disadvantage is that you can't load unscrubbed iso's or large iso's over 3+ gigs...

5. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    why is that a disadvantage? Scrubbing removes garbage data, taking up less space. And if the scrubbed image is over 4 gb, it splits it.

6. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    In really technical sense, FAT32 is not designed to handle large file/partition. Its performance decrease is negligible for most user.

Do remember to defrag FAT32 after you add/delete games.

7. Bladexdsl
    OP

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    setting to primary worked