Wiiflow, WBFS open failed, Metroid other M

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by chickenlips, Sep 3, 2010.

Sep 3, 2010
  1. chickenlips
    OP

Newcomer chickenlips Member

Japan
    First off, I'm sorry to start a new topic. There are simply so many about Wiiflow, Metroid other M ...

I softmodded my Wii to play backup discs. I changed IOS249 to a custom one, as directed in this video (which basically shows you how to install NeoGamma). This worked like a charm for my Wii. A Japanese Wii runing 4.2J. Plays many backup DVDs!

Next I wanted to play Metroid Other M. As you know it's too big for single layer DVD, so ...
    Made a partition on my external hard drive, formatted that to FAT32 and then to WBFS type, using WBFS manager. This seemed to get me in the right direction, because USB Loader GX recognized the file. But it would not play it. I watched this video. But my USB Loader GX does not look the same! In fact, the settings did not allow a choice of IOS. Metroid tried to load but I got a black screen, with the Wii-mote "working".

I took USB Loader GX off, and tried WiiFlow. WiiFlow does not find the file at all. I get the "WBFS_Open failed: -1" message. I read this thread, however I cannot even find a wiiflow.ini file on my SD!

Other info: I am running WiiFlow through HomeBrew Channel. I am using a Japanese Wii on 4.2J. Backup discs successfully load, Japanese games or US games. Both Japan and U.S. use NTSC video. I tried another .iso, but the problem is not isolated to Metroid. I get the same error message in WiiFlow. WiiFlow wiki claims I only need cIOS249, and a few other things. I have heard of cIOScorp, and if you recommend it, a guide to installing it would be greatly appreciated.

And finally, thanks to you all. I've worked through many problems before, by only reading and not posting.

2. chickenlips
    OP

Japan
    Update:
    Tried to use cIOS 222, as instructed at wikidot. Also tested with another .iso. The results are still the same. WiiFlow gives the same error message. USB loader GX shows the games in its list, but I get a black screen when I try to launch them.

Update 2:
    Tried Configurable USB Loader. Got Metroid to work!!! [​IMG] Then came across the common "Baby's Cry' lockup. Gonna go read up on that next. [​IMG]

Update 3:
    I read that cIOSX rev20 should help. I tried installing that on cIOS249, as suggested. I then selected the default (forgot which, sorry) IOS and it didn't help. I then selected IOS36. Didn't help. I turned on the "error 002 fix" in CFG Loader's GUI. Nope.
    I read good things about WiiFlow with Metroid. I tried to install it as a channel but it just returns me to the Wii menu. Didn't bother with the .dol in the apps folder this time, since that didn't do much before ...

3. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I think GX has been deleting wbfs partitions lately, search about that, it might help?

4. chickenlips
    OP

Japan
    Okay! [​IMG] I got past the baby's cry!!!!

[Wii]Metroid_Other_M[NTSC][MULTi3][WiiSOS.com]
    I read that this one is underdumped! But I got past the baby's cry scene, so, we'll see what happens .... so far that's better than WiiTard's version, right? [​IMG]

Thanks KiiWii for your response. When I started this thread, I had a black screen for Metroid. I came so far.