Hacking Wiiflow plays Wii Game but TV is black

nbchick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I'm hoping somebody here has an idea how I can fix this.
I believe it's the TV but this is what's happening. We have 2 Wii U's both running Wiiflow in VWii. Both have the same Wii backups on their HDDs. On the livingroom TV, which is the ones my kids use, there seems to be 2 specific games that TV won't display. Those same games work fine on the TV in this room. I even tried bringing that Wii U in here and trying it on this TV, the games work fine. I tried putting the HDD from in here on the Wii U out there, won't display the games. The game does appear to work, it's showing on the game pad. I did try going between cIOS 249-251 but that didn't work, changed it back to auto. So I believe it's the TV. That same TV plays other Wii backups from the HDD fine. The games are iCarly and iCarly 2 Join the Click, if that helps.
The TV is a 32" LCD Toshiba, about 8 or 9 years old. Everything seems to work fine except these 2 games, it displays the Wiiflow logo, then the progression loading bar, then nothing when you launch these games.
Anybody have any idea what setting I need to change somewhere to get these to show on the TV?

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, this is very likely not a cIOS issue. Most likely, there is something wrong with the video settings built in to the games. I encountered this once for my 1982 Sony CRT TV. Chicken Riot only works on my Sharp TV. Try these settings for your games:

Video Mode = NTSC
Patch Video Modes = All
Aspect ratio = (Try 4:3 and 16:9)
Vipatch = On

Those are the settings that control the video output. If this doesn't work, try playing with all four of those settings. It can't hurt anything.

PS: For a definitive cIOS test, try playing the real disc for the game (if you have it).

nbchick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update:
Patch Video Modes = All it will show on the TV but cut off. Changing aspect ratios doesn't fix it, nor does changing to NTSC, Progressive, etc. Oh well, it seems to be playable like this so my kids will have to deal :)

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
yea ment to say system. um what do you mean cut of? could u send a pic. not sayin i have an answer but just makes it abit easier to see if ive had the same/simular problems

nbchick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pictures:
The way the safety screen looks:
RyTkNxn.jpg

The way the game menu looks:
YHEJeSx.jpg

The way it SHOULD look:
GLf4AtX.jpg

And the home button menu:
PuZi1xp.jpg

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Update:
Patch Video Modes = All it will show on the TV but cut off. Changing aspect ratios doesn't fix it, nor does changing to NTSC, Progressive, etc. Oh well, it seems to be playable like this so my kids will have to deal :)
If you have a flat screen TV, chances are that it's scaling the Wii signal up to HD. Check the Zoom or Fill options on your TV, whatever they may be. One of the telly's I'm using now tends to cut off some of the picture unless zoom is set just right, keep this in mind.

EDIT: Your photos confirm my suspicion, fiddle around with the telly's settings, the Wii is playing the game as it should.

EDIT #2: From Toshiba's website:
Depending on TV model, there is an option in the TV menu either under "Picture" > "Theater Settings" called "Auto Aspect Ratio" or "Settings" > "Preferences" under "Display Settings". Set it to OFF to prevent the automatic resizing. If you can not find the Auto Aspect feature in your TV menu or want more information about the feature, consult your TV's Users Manual available at support.toshiba.com

Toshiba TV's give you the ability to manually change the picture size (aspect ratio) to many different formats (Full, Native, Theater, etc..). The Auto Aspect Ratio feature tries to evaluate what is being displayed and present that in the best aspect ratio. By default Auto Aspect Ratio is turned ON and when turned OFF it will retain its current setting until manually changed.

Reactions: jammybudga777

nbchick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What happens if you skip running the aspect-ratio-change app?

I don't use that app, I go in via channel forwarders so that auto fixes the aspect ratio. But I can try going in through the original HBC and see what happens. I'll report back shortly

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, he already has a TV that doesn't have this issue, just not in the room that the kids play Wii U on... so swap them. Problem "solved" lol.

Didn't realize he already had another television, I thought you were recommending he go out and buy himself another TV :rofl: I now see where you are coming from

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.