Hacking WiiFlow not showing games on NTFS partition

BinarySoup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just soft modded my Wii and installed WiiFlow but can't get it to show games copied to either a Fat or NTFS partition.

Games installed to a WBFS partition work and I've also been able to copy a disc to the NTFS partition via WiiFlow but anything copied manually or via Wii Backup Manager does not show up in WiiFlow.

Any advice appreciated.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
My guess is user error, such as invalid naming of the files, usage of some weird game manager, dog ate his hdd etc.

BinarySoup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Folder is named "wbfs".

I've only used Wii Backup Manager or manually copied .WBFS files to the drive.

How should files be named e.g. Mario Kart?

All the games show up in Configuarable USB Loader.

OSpencerO

Trophies
From Nashville, Tennessee In Knoxville, Tennessee
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I will honestly say that I don't know what the problem is.
I mainly use Configurable USB Loader & USB Loader GX however I also use WiiFlow from time to time.
I haven't ever had any problems with WiiFlow or any other USB loader.

I would try renaming the files & following the installation guide found at www.wiiflowiki.com/Wiiflow making sure to use the d2x installer.
Be sure to delete gameconfig1.ini and gameconfig2.ini in /wiiflow/settings, all WDM files /wiiflow/codes/wdm, and also your /wiiflow/cache/lists folder!

Wii Backup Manager can rename your games automatically by selecting Tools/Game Titles/Rename All.
I would also get a new list of titles first by selecting Tools/Settings/Titles/Download titles.txt.
The Mario Kart Wii Pal version would typically be named its game identification code & extension. "RMCP01.wbfs"
More information about game identification codes can be found at... http://www.gametdb.com/

If none of my suggestions work you can find more help at... http://www.wiiflowiki.com/Special:WebChat
It is a live chat room made for talking about WiiFlow.

I wish I knew exactly what the problem is & could be of more help.

Spencer

:yaywii:

BinarySoup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies.

I went through everything again and now it works!

I think I needed to delete the settings again (wiiflow/settings/gameconfig1.ini wiiflow/settings/gameconfig2.ini wiiflow/cache/lists/ There was no folder called wdm in wiiflow/codes/)

Another question re. d2x Custom IOS Installer:

Where it says select cIOS I chose
For the base and slot I used what was listed on the WiiFlow page
Where it says Select cIOS revision I chose – there were other options so I'm not sure if this is correct. :?

Thanks again.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for anyone who has this problem again: If you click the home button while in WiiFlow you have the option to update cache. Just click that and the new games should now appear. ^^

+1. I've been deleting all my stuff on the SD card until someone told me all I had to do was press home button and refresh cache.

Renand5timpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My error is super weird when i first got a game i go into wii flow it worked but then when i go in the second time the games disappear.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1